i tried searching and could not find anything related to my issue, so am posting ... BlackBerry Curve forum

guugoo no está en línea Stack level 2

Syncing music on the Curve

Advertisement

i tried searching and could not find anything related to my issue, so am posting the question now.

I want to sync(both ways, like itunes does) music between my music library and BB. I dont think Roxio can do this, it only allows you to manually copy but does not sync(adds and deletes). Is there any other software I can use? TIA

shakuyi no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2425A121

Re: Syncing music on the Curve

have u tried windows media player?

yes, doesnt even recognize the BB. tried Media Monkey as well but it does not do it either.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

what version of media player do you have? are you using a storage card? I have Media Player 11 and it recognizes my phone's card.

WMP 11. it initially says usb detected but then it never lists it.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I have WMP10 and it finds my 8300. I have to plug in the phone, enable mass storage mode, then open media player. After it opens, go into the sync part and it should find then phone, or ask you to set up syncing options for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    I have WMP10 and it finds my 8300. I have to plug in the phone, enable mass storage mode, then open media player. After it opens, go into the sync part and it should find then phone, or ask you to set up syncing options for it.
    thanks...now WMP recognizes the BB but all of a sudden my library disappears. As soon as I unplug the device, the library reappears. Strange. I am going to reinstall WMP and see if that corrects it.

just an update. nothing worked in getting WMP to add files to the library. i have given up at this point and gone back to manually adding/deleting files on the BB. thanks for your help so far.

strangemoon no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by guugoo View Post
    thanks...now WMP recognizes the BB but all of a sudden my library disappears. As soon as I unplug the device, the library reappears. Strange. I am going to reinstall WMP and see if that corrects it.
    i happen to have the same problem. My phone doesnt even allow me to use any tools in it because as soon as i plug the usb in it it says - Usb charging current is not sufficient, Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered usb charging source and that the proper usb driver is installed.

Which is strange because i dont know how but somehow i managed to sync. the same files to my brother's very same phone.

any ideas?

hawkins no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    Have you tried Media Sync. I think it is free. It lets you add playlists. And syncs independently from the DM. The download should be here somewhere.