Hi I am a newbie here but have done my fair share of reinstalling O/S ... BlackBerry Curve forum

frecato no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Synching Contacts

Advertisement

Hi I am a newbie here but have done my fair share of reinstalling O/S due to the never ending loading screen. I have run into something I think should have been a easy solution, but can't seem to find the answer.

I have a ATT curve 8310 and on BES, when I setup contacts on my blackberry they do not synch to my desktop (I am using Lotus Notes) when I use the desktop manager and I do have wireless synch on as well.

Has anyone run into this problem before and how in the world did you fix it?? I am assuming that it is something with desktop manager that I either have to click or un click, but not sure what.

Since I am posting might as well throw this out too. I have a Verizon cell phone and an ATT blackberry, does anyone know how I can transfer my contacts from my cell to my blackberry other then adding everyone to my contacts in Lotus Notes?? I do have a excel file with all my contacts on it if that helps???

If anyone can help in any way that would be great. Thanks.

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Don't have a clue about the lotus notes problem, but unless your verizon cell is a PDA (blackberry, palm, or WM) Nope, no way to get anthing in or out of a verizon cell. As far as I know they're all locked down.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    know how to program? Java? haha... no i would see if they will do it at the Verizon store i know they will if you buy a new phone from them. if you have more than one contact# for each person it will not follow that and will make a new entry for each phone number found. just be aware. verizon may have a kit you can buy... they will always take your money! you might want to check at a authorized dealer for Verizon or whom ever your carrier is for your business phone. they might be able to.

good luck
    Last edited by JCG3; 03-12-2008 at 11:27 PM.

nelsong no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by frecato View Post
    I have a ATT curve 8310 and on BES, when I setup contacts on my blackberry they do not synch to my desktop (I am using Lotus Notes) when I use the desktop manager and I do have wireless synch on as well.

Has anyone run into this problem before and how in the world did you fix it?? I am assuming that it is something with desktop manager that I either have to click or un click, but not sure what.
    You might want to talk to your BES administrator and re-enter your bb on your company's BES.

We have OTA sync on our BES and DM sync is disabled by default, so the only way we can get our contacts is OTA (same as calendar, memo and tasks).