When I synchronize my 8300 to with my XP/SP2 desktop running Outlook 2000 (with current ... BlackBerry Curve forum

websquad no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Synch Problem on 8300

Advertisement

When I synchronize my 8300 to with my XP/SP2 desktop running Outlook 2000 (with current patches installed), I get the following error message pop-up: "Reading from Microsoft Outlook Calendar ... Record 28 of 64 records" ... and then the standard windows error popup appears ("Please tell Microsoft about this problem").

I rebooted the 8300 earlier in the day, and just now rebooted the desktop and got the same response when I tried to resynch.

Any ideas?

Question Desperately Seeking a Synch Solution

Does anyone have a suggestion? I'm getting desperate ... and tired of trying to maintain duplicate schedules and using Email as a poor substitute for synching.
    • Should I backup Outlook 2000 and reinstall?
    • Should I reinstall the RIM Desktop Manager?
    • Should I pull my remaining hair out?
    HELP !!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Synch Problem on 8300

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Websquad -- is it possibly a error in on of your calendar items? Does it error out on the same item/entry everytime?

Thumbs down Re: Synch Problem on 8300

It does on on Item 28 in the Outlook Calendar every time!

I called AT&T, and they said I needed a "tethering" plan in order to synch with Outlook, and all I had was an Internet and Email plan. The new plan would be an extra $30/month.

I'm not a happy camper. Will start a new thread on this issue ... so don't post a response here...

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

Have you tried deleting this item first and synching it again?

Could it be some form of multiple day event that is causing you problems? If so, you may want to load it in outlook as several single day events rather than multi-day events. I have not had this problem since being on a bb but did have an issue like this in my prior life (or lack of life) as a treo user.

eileenjoy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240633A7

I was having problems syncing my calendar after I did the latest update. What I did was delete my calendar database from my handheld, then I sync'd my calendar (Outlook has everything saved on it already). I haven't had any problems ever since. You could just have a bad calendar database...

Lightbulb Re: Synch Problem on 8300

When you sync, the Desktop Manager indicates which files it is scanning. In my case, while it is scanning the Outlook calendar file it always stops on record 28. That leads me to believe that Outlook is the problem. To that end, I believe I'll try the following (this is based on my knowledge that the latest changes are on the BB 8300):
    1. Go through Outlook and delete all calendar entries.
    2. Go throught the BB and modify every calendar entry I want to save. This should give each of them a later date/time stamp, which I assume is used by Desktop Manager to control the sync process.
    3. Attempt a resync .... and see what happens.
    It will be a day or so before I attempt this (ah, the press of business). But I will do this in a couple of days.

Question Re: Synch Problem on 8300

Quote Originally Posted by websquad
    When you sync, the Desktop Manager indicates which files it is scanning. In my case, while it is scanning the Outlook calendar file it always stops on record 28. That leads me to believe that Outlook is the problem. To that end, I believe I'll try the following (this is based on my knowledge that the latest changes are on the BB 8300):
    1. Go through Outlook and delete all calendar entries.
    2. Go throught the BB and modify every calendar entry I want to save. This should give each of them a later date/time stamp, which I assume is used by Desktop Manager to control the sync process.
    3. Attempt a resync .... and see what happens.
    I did the three steps above and the synch program no longer hangs up. However, the results were uneven. Last night I went through the entire Outlook calendar and deleted all events. This afternoon, 18+ hours later, I went through the entire BB 8300 and either added things, delete things, or modified text in things. All events scheduled on the BB calendar were "touched" this way. However, after the first synch some "new" things on the BB were deleted. And some things that I had deleted on the BB were restored on Outlook and the BB.

Is there a synch rule like this: Based on the two platforms (desktop & BB), the latest addition, deletion, or modification on either platform is the one that is place on both platforms?

If that is not the overriding synch rule, what then is it?

orb2k no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207BCA35

I have the same problem but mine freezes at 2 out of 26!

orb2k no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207BCA35

I fixed the problem!!!

Go to blackberry.com (under support) and search this:

"How to delete the Intellisync folder if synchronization is unsuccessful"
    Doc ID : KB11703
    Last Modified : 2007-08-13
    Document Type : How To

I wish I can link it but I'm not allowed!

orb2k, outstanding solution. I've bookmarked that page in case that problem should revist me. Here is the tiny URL link to it (the blackberry.com is a gazillin characters long): http://tinyurl.com/yq2965

Note:
    there is a chance that with the passage of time the link I got today will not work. That being the case, use orb2k's original search argument: "How to delete the Intellisync folder if synchronization is unsuccessful"