I opened up Desktop Manager at work this morning and prepared to do a sync ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mert55 no está en línea Stack level 1

Sync Problem between Outlook and Curve

Advertisement

I opened up Desktop Manager at work this morning and prepared to do a sync between my Curve 8330 and Outlook 2003. In the past I have had no problems with this process. This morning, everything synced except the Outlook calendar. No problems with Tasks, Addresses and Memo Pad. I thought it might be an Outlook problem so I tried a sync on my home laptop computer (no problems in the past). Everything worked well except the Outlook calendar. That makes me think it is a problem with Desktop Manager or the Curve. I have done some reading up on this problem but have not found a satisfactory answer. Some recommend a Curve wipe, others recommend a wipe of Outlook calendar. Any other simpler suggestions to try and fix this which does not require such drastic action?

I have Desktop Manager 4.6 and os 4.5.0.77 on the Curve.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    try to reconfigure your sync
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Is there a calendar event you have added since your last sync that may be causing a conflict? An item that has a weird character in it or something along those lines? Have you configured the sync to only do one-way, either from the device to Outlook or vice versa?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

mert55 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have re-configured the sync process, tried the one way sync both ways but no luck. I have also tried to sync just the calendar but it simply does not sync. There is no error message, etc. I checked my recent entries to Outlook 2003 before I tried to sync and did not notice anything different in my formatting. It just seems odd all the other items work, but not the calendar item. Any other ideas?

musician1976 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had a similar problem last week. After I clear the calendar entries, I reset the configuration on the sychronization configuration menu on Desktop Manager. Then re-sychronize the calendar and it worked.

oconnke1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    You didn't fully describe your symptoms. Did all of your calendar entries disappear from your BlackBerry, but remain in Outlook? Can you see any tasks on the BlackBerry?

I'll take a quick guess while I wait for your answers. Open the BlackBerry calendar app. On the Menu choose "Select Calendar...", then choose the top item, "Show all calendars". Your calendar entries should now be visible.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~