Hey guys, Tonight I'm going to be switching over to my refurbished (GACK!) warranty replacement ... BlackBerry Curve forum

silverdreams no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240BB776

Switching to warranty replacement 8300

Advertisement

Hey guys,

Tonight I'm going to be switching over to my refurbished (GACK!) warranty replacement 8300. I'm so nervous! :cry: I hope this one doesn't start going crazy on me, too... I've heard of people going through several replacement phones that keep crapping out... I'll be soooooo mad if that happens to me.

I know the Desktop Manager has a "switch device" feature, so I guess I'll be using that... Can anyone tell me exactly what that does? Will my current OS and all my data, settings, and 3rd-party applications also be transferred since it's the same model BB? I do know I'll have to ask a couple application makers for new unlock keys... What exactly can I expect from using the "switch device" function to go from one BB to another of the same model?

Thanks in advance.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Re: Switching to warranty replacement 8300

In my experience the switch device feature can be a little flaky, I would use the Backup/Restore feature instead. Just plug in your old device and do a full backup, then plug in the new device and hit restore that will move the existing info to the new device as well as keep all your settings. Regardless of the method you use you will need to log into your BIS(where you went to set up your email in the first place) and go to switch device and put in your new pin and imei so that your new mail will come to the new device. After doing that it wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and resend service books while your logged into your BIS. At that point you should be all set.

Tucker

silverdreams no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240BB776

Thanks soooo much for the tips, Tucker!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by silverdreams View Post
    Hey guys,

Tonight I'm going to be switching over to my refurbished (GACK!) warranty replacement 8300. I'm so nervous! :cry: I hope this one doesn't start going crazy on me, too... I've heard of people going through several replacement phones that keep crapping out... I'll be soooooo mad if that happens to me.

I know the Desktop Manager has a "switch device" feature, so I guess I'll be using that... Can anyone tell me exactly what that does? Will my current OS and all my data, settings, and 3rd-party applications also be transferred since it's the same model BB? I do know I'll have to ask a couple application makers for new unlock keys... What exactly can I expect from using the "switch device" function to go from one BB to another of the same model?

Thanks in advance.
    I'm on my 3rd T-Mo 8100 right now. First 2 went thru the reboot cycle and I got tired of fighting with them. Sorry to say it but it happens.