Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have been considering a switch to Sprint from T-Mo myself. My main problems are ... BlackBerry Curve forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

I have been considering a switch to Sprint from T-Mo myself. My main problems are signal reception is weaker than it used to be and just today I lost signal AT HOME and in a building I would normally get reception in. It has been like this for the last 3 months. I may get the 450 Everything Data ($69.99) or the 450 Everything Messaging ($49.99) plans and the 8130 (or the 8220 if it's out in a CDMA version) on a 2 yr deal if I decide to do so. Gotta wait until 2010 though.

I just have to get used to not using a SIM card on a CDMA carrier LOL
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-02-2009 at 06:51 PM.

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    One great thing about trying out Sprint is that you have a full 30 day money back guarantee if should decide you're not getting the service you need.

Good Luck!
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow, Thanks for all the replies. I started my service on Jan 1 and I guess due to the holiday they had big problems activating my 2 lines and porting my 2 numbers. I was there for 2 hours. I was required to pay a deposit, and in the middle of all the difficulties, their computer system lost my deposit. They finally got it sorted out and the store workers were very nice, I must say. I recieved a call from the lady who helped me today to make sure everything was working properly, which really surprised me. That was a nice touch. I should have my berry by mid next week.....I find myself twitching and weeping randomly without it. We have the everything unlimited plan with 2 lines. More than $30 cheaper than VZW, with no limit on minutes. at&t has very poor signal in my area.
    Andy

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    wow, ima pray for you. I cant see myself without my berry for an hour, and you have to deal with a week.

Cubward no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by schufly View Post
    hey everyone, i'm switching to sprint, and will be getting the 8330 in the next week or so. Any differences between the vzw 8330 and the sprint version? Anyone have any opinions on sprint service? Hopefully i won't need it too much. I have a temporary sprint phone right now and am already pleased with the much improved call quality and signal. Thanks!
    dude, don't do it!!! If you switch to sprint you won't have picture mail on your 8330 or any blackberry for that matter. Sprint is the only provider that doesn't offer picture mail with their data package. The only way you'll be able to send a pic is through email or bluetooth. It really sucks!

k4mjk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    -
    i have been with sprint since its inception customer service has its ups and downs but i always get what i want early upgrades discounts and little perks here and there it's all in how your attitude is when you call into any customer service for any reason but i hardly ever have to call it to CS because i have not had any problems

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarspicebaby1 View Post
    Good luck if you ever have a problem and have to contact customer service. I ditched Sprint a little over a yr ago after having an ongoing problem and not getting anywhere with them. When I went into the store I was told "We can only do sales and basic service, call customer service." When I called customer service (which counts on your minutes), I was left on hold for long periods, passed around, and hung up on multiple times. :grr:

I finally had enough and switched to ATT. Similar cost for a complete data plan, excellent customer service at stores, and rollover for what I don't use each month.

Like I said.. GOOD LUCK
    Sprint does have good customer service. But they have problems.
    Just found out that I can end all 3 lines with them due to the rate increase as of Jan 6 2009.

Thought you gurus might like to know.
    PS , I am test driving the iphone3g.

toomuchgame441 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubward View Post
    dude, don't do it!!! If you switch to sprint you won't have picture mail on your 8330 or any blackberry for that matter. Sprint is the only provider that doesn't offer picture mail with their data package. The only way you'll be able to send a pic is through email or bluetooth. It really sucks!
    I see how it might be a big issue with you, but it really doesn't bother me. I send little to no mms messages. And if I need to that bad, I can just e-mail it. Not saying the whole mms thing should be ignored, but with EVERYTHING this phone can do, I won't miss it.

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    So while waiting for mms someone suggested this method here. Email the pic to yourself using
    xxx-xxx-xxxx @PM.sprint.com
    Then forward the pic to the phone number you want.
    (X's are where your phone number goes. Not taking for granted everyone would figure that out.) Good luck!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Schufly View Post
    Wow, Thanks for all the replies. I started my service on Jan 1 and I guess due to the holiday they had big problems activating my 2 lines and porting my 2 numbers. I was there for 2 hours. I was required to pay a deposit, and in the middle of all the difficulties, their computer system lost my deposit. They finally got it sorted out and the store workers were very nice, I must say. I recieved a call from the lady who helped me today to make sure everything was working properly, which really surprised me. That was a nice touch. I should have my berry by mid next week.....I find myself twitching and weeping randomly without it. We have the everything unlimited plan with 2 lines. More than $30 cheaper than VZW, with no limit on minutes. at&t has very poor signal in my area.

with verizon the $30 would of went to better service and you walking out the door with your BB the same day
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubward View Post
    I guess it really sucks for you. Its not that important for many of us, there are many other options for sending pics on the BB, like email, or instant messenger. If your contacts dont have those, especially email, then they must be teenagers, or the elderly.
    I would welcome mms with open arms, but its not that missed.

toomuchgame441 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    Quote Originally Posted by popo341 View Post
    So while waiting for mms someone suggested this method here. Email the pic to yourself using
    xxx-xxx-xxxx @PM.sprint.com
    Then forward the pic to the phone number you want.
    (X's are where your phone number goes. Not taking for granted everyone would figure that out.) Good luck!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Really? I have to try that out

mrdpr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32cf9512
    I don't mind if I have mms and love my plan and be on sprint I have my issue with them but they always resolve it a lot of peple here compaint about sprint but they have the betters plans period.

Brooose no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3032A20A
    Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    with verizon the $30 would of went to better service and you walking out the door with your BB the same day
    That's $30 a month or $360 a year. Worth the wait in my book.

FailedAngrMgmt no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose View Post
    That's $30 a month or $360 a year. Worth the wait in my book.
    Don't forget the major crippling of verizon phones. Don't get me wrong, I think vzw has top notch cell phone coverage, but sprint is not far behind. And any areas (which I have yet to find) where sprint doesn't get service, sprint will roam on the vzw network for free. For the $99 that I pay now with sprint I would be paying well over $160 at vzw.

I switched from tmo to sprint a few months back and its been great. No MMS kinda sucks, but I keep reading that a fix for that is in the works. I've been able to survive without it. Call quality is crystal clear, as clear as a LAN line, and the data is really fast. I get full bars pretty much everywhere I go.

Now with all I've seen about the 9000 and/or the 8900 comming to sprint, its only going to get better.

Everyone talks a lot of trash about sprint, but I am very satisfied. You couldn't pay me to have an at&t phone. I was playing around with a friends 3g iBrick and at&t 3g data loads as fast as tmo edge. I laugh everytime I read posts from people who have at&t and talk about how bad sprint is. I believe how bad it used to be, but I haven't experienced any of that, with everything I've read, they've done a complete 180 on how they conduct business. And I'm impressed, and glad to be a loyal customer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast