Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey everyone, I'm switching to sprint, and will be getting the 8330 in the next ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Switching to Sprint

Advertisement

Hey everyone, I'm switching to sprint, and will be getting the 8330 in the next week or so. Any differences between the VZW 8330 and the Sprint version? Anyone have any opinions on Sprint service? Hopefully I won't need it too much. I have a temporary Sprint phone right now and am already pleased with the much improved call quality and signal. Thanks!
    Andy

tmartel no está en línea Stack level 2
    well sprint plan are cheaper the simply everything $99. cant beat that. And you stated that you have better quality and signal and I feel those are the most important part of you phone. The big thing you probably see people complain about is sprint still have 4.3os for the blackberry 8330. People are going to complain about something or another. So no mms. But I feel that is trivial. Sprint says they are working on releasing the 4.5os so it just a matter or time. I would rather pay $99 and not have mms. I have never had a problem with my service. Good Luck

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    I have Sprint also and I am pleased for the most part. MMS would be nice, maybe someday but there are ways to work around the mms issue so just ask. 4.3 to 4.5? Well my main issue with that is html email. So like any good stacker I hav e downloaded 4.5 from another CDMA carrier and installed it. Now that has resolved the html issue. Aside from that I like the service. You can't bash them for what they used to be. Good luck!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    I switched to Sprint last summer and although my 1st month dealing with customer service was a nightmare they have since vastly improved and I am now very happy with the service. As stated earlier the pricing can't be beat and if you don't need unlimited then the "450 Everything message data" plan is a fantastic value at 69.99 mo.

As always the first priority should be how the service works in your area, if that fails it won't matter how great the plan or device is. Also there are rumors that Sprint is possibly getting ready to drop their plan pricing again. Speculation is that the new plans will be announced next week at CES 2009.
    Again, thus far these are just rumors.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    HughesNet Satellite Internet= #1 Worst company ever.
    Sprint= Worst company period!
    Verizon= #1 company to disable BB features!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Cnet's review of the Sprint 8330 indicates that it has a couple more features than the Verizon 8330 but I suspect these are related to the services offered from Sprint. Also the Sprint 8330's GPS is fully functional with all compatible apps.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Good luck if you ever have a problem and have to contact customer service. I ditched Sprint a little over a yr ago after having an ongoing problem and not getting anywhere with them. When I went into the store I was told "We can only do sales and basic service, call customer service." When I called customer service (which counts on your minutes), I was left on hold for long periods, passed around, and hung up on multiple times. :grr:

I finally had enough and switched to ATT. Similar cost for a complete data plan, excellent customer service at stores, and rollover for what I don't use each month.

Like I said.. GOOD LUCK

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarspicebaby1 View Post
    Good luck if you ever have a problem and have to contact customer service. I ditched Sprint a little over a yr ago after having an ongoing problem and not getting anywhere with them. When I went into the store I was told "We can only do sales and basic service, call customer service." When I called customer service (which counts on your minutes), I was left on hold for long periods, passed around, and hung up on multiple times. :grr:

I finally had enough and switched to ATT. Similar cost for a complete data plan, excellent customer service at stores, and rollover for what I don't use each month.

Like I said.. GOOD LUCK
    This is exactly the issues I had during my 1st month with Sprint, however since then I would say my customer service experiences have improved by at least 300% (not an exaggeration). I have also found the experience is better during the AM hours, presuming after hours I would be more likely to get someone that doesn't not appear to be here in the united states. With that being said, even the evening calls to CS have greatly improved in the last 5 months. Just my .02.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    I am with Sprint since the day they opened and i love it, and for the curve i am using 4.5.0.97 and works great, but will switch to sprint when they come out. Remember all carriers are same crap, some charge more then others but the bottom line is what is better for you. Sure Sprint slow like turtle when it comes to new phones but I think that will change this year, and Verizon is just throwing money left and right thats why they got the Storm, but they charge to much. At&t has its own problems, but they have the latest phones. So it all comes down to what you want and need. I have no problems. Best of Luck to you, feel free to bb me or email me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gqswagga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    218879E8
    Good luck with sprint and there customer service. I was in a sprint store every week trying to get the same phone fixed for the 10th time.. customer service told me i had to get it taken care of in store and in store told me it was fixed if i had any problems call customer service.. when i called customer services i was transfered atlest 5 times and then hung up on.. unless sprint has changed good luck with that..

on a happy note i'm with att and they have great customer service which makes me smile..
    *Chase-_-Life*

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sprint is a good company for the most part and if you're a tenured customer, you do receive service that is a little better than a new customer. I've had my share of billing issues, device problems, and poor signal areas but all in all, they are the best with pricing. I receive a corporate discount with all of the providers and I've stayed with Sprint since their Simply Everything plan for $99 is really a EVERYTHING plan. The same plan with VZW or AT&T would cost anywhere from $60 to $80 more a month. Why would I do that? So there is no offical 4.5 OS for the 8830 or the 8330, go find a beta and install it. Works fine for me. If you don't have any problems, they're great, best pricing, and just as good as any other company when it comes to service.

I could go in to how it took VZW 11 months to clear my balance for doing the 30 day test drive but I'm not going to bash the companies. They all have their problems you just learn to live with them.

artiesberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32146C01
    I have been with Sprint for a year now and Nextel for 5 years before, and I am verry pleased with them. The few times they made mistakes or didn't take care of me right away, they made it up to me above and beyond. No one is perfect, they are run by humans. What works for you is most important. I completely agree with pegb856.

toomuchgame441 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    Well I been with sprint for a little under 3 months now and I can say the service and customer service has beed pleasant. I was calling cust. Serv. About my corporate discount and the lady on the phone was so delightful and although I didn't get what I wanted (a 28% discount) she was very nice. I have the 450 minute everything plan and its wonderful. I can do everything this phone is capable of doing. The only thing I have a problem with is my minutes, I talk a little more often then I thought and I have to watch my minutes becuz I talk to my gf a lot. But the problem will be solved once I get her on sprint.

Sprint has been mazing so far, so I have no real complaints, I hope the have some new plans coming out tho as someone pointed out a while ago.

PIN/ID
    A Colata

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by toomuchgame441 View Post
    Well I been with sprint for a little under 3 months now and I can say the service and customer service has beed pleasant. I was calling cust. Serv. About my corporate discount and the lady on the phone was so delightful and although I didn't get what I wanted (a 28% discount) she was very nice. I have the 450 minute everything plan and its wonderful. I can do everything this phone is capable of doing. The only thing I have a problem with is my minutes, I talk a little more often then I thought and I have to watch my minutes becuz I talk to my gf a lot. But the problem will be solved once I get her on sprint.

Sprint has been mazing so far, so I have no real complaints, I hope the have some new plans coming out tho as someone pointed out a while ago.
    Call *2 from your phone and ask for retentions, not a regular customer service rep. Explain to them that you go over you min periodically because you call your girlfriend, then tell them you heard they have a service called Pick3 and ask politely if it is possible to get this option on your plan. It's only available thru retentions/account services. It's like TMo's my favs as it gives you free calling to any 3 numbers in the US. If they don't offer it for free it should only be $5 to add it. I have it free on all 3 of my lines. If you fail with one rep call back later and try again (politely). Just remember you will always attract more bees with honey than vinegar.

Good Luck.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    You should like sprint. I have been with them for at least 6 years and never had any major problems. The plans are nice, service are nice in my area, and customer service is decent. Even with the lack of newer model phones and im still with them is saying a lot. Get the curve, the unlimited plan, and you shouldnt have any problems. Also, upgrade the os from verizon, or another carrier.

Also, i was contacted from their CS about a fraud that was attempted on my account. I would have never noticed it because i had just upgraded my phone and my wife's phone. The told me i will see an extra fee but to ignore it. They took care of everything and i never had to call them back.
    Last edited by Charlie Hustle; 01-02-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast