Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok, so i'm running the newest Optus OS and it seems to have disabled my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

khillyer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A6FA4C

Switching OS

Advertisement

ok, so i'm running the newest Optus OS and it seems to have disabled my MMS messaging, when i switch back to the At&t OS like i'm planning..will i lose all my unlocked vendor themes?

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Switching OS

Yes, your gonna need to unlock them again. Here is one thing you can do.. drag your edited blackberry axl file to your desktop and then when you installed your new os, replace the blackberry axl file.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

khillyer, are you switching back just because you lost your mms?

Because I lost mine too after the Optus upgrade, but all it was I needed to call my carrier...ATT and they had me shut off my device and they did a reboot and voila...I had my MMS back.

If you haven't tried this yet, you might want to give it a try first before switching back.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    24A6FA4C

Quote Originally Posted by lavagirl669
    khillyer, are you switching back just because you lost your mms?

Because I lost mine too after the Optus upgrade, but all it was I needed to call my carrier...ATT and they had me shut off my device and they did a reboot and voila...I had my MMS back.

If you haven't tried this yet, you might want to give it a try first before switching back.
    oh wow..thanks...you just called customer service and that was it?

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Yep, I had the exact same problem as you. I was wondering what was going on....could not send MMS
    at all for couple days and I thought it was due to the Optus install.
    I called ATT customer service and they went into my account, had me switch off my device, did some type of reset and reboot to my phone and when I switched backed on and tested it I was good to go.
    So try this first before going back to O2. Several other Optus users have had no problems with MMS.
    Good luck!
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    24A6FA4C

hmm...i'm on with customer service right now and so far nothing has worked

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

There was another Stacker yesterday who customer service could not help either.
    Could be the particular customer service rep you got....FIRE HIM/HER!! LOL
    Prior to this I tried resending my service books also, that didn't work, I advised ATT of this.
    If this rep can't help you...ask for the upper tier help techs. Some of these reps don't have a clue.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    24A6FA4C

well we tried delelting the service book for mms, then did a master wipe to make sure we didn't pick that same service book back up, then we sent the new service book, deleted me off the service then reput me back on the network and it worked...

oh did i mention that I WALKED THE CUSTOMER REP THROUGH IT?!?!

idiots...

pilotgeg no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~were you on the line with customer service when you did this or is this something I can do myself?

It seems I hve lost my ability to text message alltogether after I upgraded to Optus.

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by khillyer
    well we tried delelting the service book for mms, then did a master wipe to make sure we didn't pick that same service book back up, then we sent the new service book, deleted me off the service then reput me back on the network and it worked...

oh did i mention that I WALKED THE CUSTOMER REP THROUGH IT?!?!

idiots...

Like I said...some of the reps know what they are doing and some don't, go figure right?
    Glad you got it resolved.
    pilotgeg I would definitely give ATT a call and hope that the rep you get can resolve your issue.
    Try advising them of what khillyer did above re the service books. I did the same thing, advised
    them that I deleted and resent the service books and then she resent the service to my device
    and it worked.
    But it isn't something you can do on your own, you will need to call your carrier on this one.

Good luck!
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have called ATT already once unsuccessfully but I'll give em another shot tomorrow with this info.

Thanks for the info.

I just realized that I got a text message when I upgraded to Optus, here is what it said:

"FROM: 1121611611
    Jul 18, 2007 3:55:16 PM
    453 Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code.
    0605040000015CC60D99B56ADDBB260C5A306EC9AB5640000"

Could that be my MMS issue? SMS works fine.

I just spent another hour with ATT on this, tier 2 technical support. They now think it is an equipment issue and I need a new phone. I haven't told them that I installed the OPTUS software. Should I? I might have to go back to the ATT software. I like Optus because I can listen to the audio through my bluetooth. Can this be done in O2?

Any help is appreciated.

PIN/ID
    ask me

If it is the software then dont tell them what you did with the OPTUS. This will VOID your warranty with the phone and they wont do anything for you. Flash it back to the ATT OS and send it in

abra0242 no está en línea Stack level 2

Wow, the service rep was very stubborn. She said did not want to resend the service books. When I pressed her, she said she doesn’t have them. She did remove/deleted my messaging plan and said to wait 12 hours. I can tell she was very new as she kept putting me on hold and comeback. Another 45 with incompetent rep.

I'm in the process of going back to the ATT software. This has been a real pain. I deleted all of my service books (except PROVISIONING as per their instructions), rebooted got all the new books and still no luck. Very frustrating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast