I am currently using a 8800 and was very happy with the device until reading ... BlackBerry Curve forum

danny_mckinn no está en línea Stack level 1

Switching from 8800 to 8320

Advertisement

I am currently using a 8800 and was very happy with the device until reading a number of threads that talk about it be left out in the cold when it comes to OS upgrades. I too did a lot of searching and found that it is behind in OS version. I have decide to switch devices to a 8320. Are there pit falls I should be aware of?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Switching from 8800 to 8320

no not really...just that the new OS hasn't come out for any of the curves. I would take your time since I think it will be awhile until it drops.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Hmm.. just an issue with dust getting under right side of the screen and some people have had complaints of a mushy keyboard around the center. I've only had the dust issue with a few specs on right side of screen.

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3

i was thinking the same so i went and bought a curve a few days ago.... after carrying around the curve the last few days, I am still not sure I am going to stick with it. The only difference i can tell so far is its size. But its so flimzy, fragile and ''plasticy" in comparison to the 8800. Still not sure which one to stick with.

vdiddy no está en línea Stack level 2

I switched from the 8800 to the Curve, and the 8800 feels massive compared to the Curve...but I am so afraid that I am going to drop it and it's going to shatter into a million pieces! I do like the Curve better, even though it feels cheap.

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6

I recently upgraded to the curve. I have been pleased with the experience so far. As far as the "plasticy" feel. I purchased a clear hard plastic shield.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by vdiddy View Post
    I switched from the 8800 to the Curve, and the 8800 feels massive compared to the Curve...but I am so afraid that I am going to drop it and it's going to shatter into a million pieces! I do like the Curve better, even though it feels cheap.
    My friend has beaten hers to a pulp and it's stills working great. It feels light compared to the 8800, but it will take your abuse. It does scratch up easily though.

h3LIX no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    HEAD

the 8800 will not be left in out in the cold... it just does not have a camera... so you will lose the video recording capabilities and of course the ability to take pictures...
    If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. if you work at it, it's GOLF!

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
    My friend has beaten hers to a pulp and it's stills working great. It feels light compared to the 8800, but it will take your abuse. It does scratch up easily though.
    yeah definetly the 8320 can take some hits. The thing that makes it really feel cheap is the keypad and its weight but its like when I first got my pearl when it first dropped!

I didnt wanna scratch it and I would be so careful and eventually it was getting pounded and I dropped it so many times. You know what happened to my pearl the small little metal piece that you must press to release the battery door broke. Oh well if the pearl can handle imalmost sure the curve can. I have seen it for myself as well.

Surprisingly enough Blackberrys in general can take a beating!

I do understand your insight on the 8800. It is a sweet phone but its different in many ways to that of the curve! Anyways hope I have been of some assistance to yA!