I used dm 4.6 to switch devices. Not all my apps went over. Like opera ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Switching from 8320 to 8900....

Advertisement

I used dm 4.6 to switch devices. Not all my apps went over. Like opera mini, jivetalk, blackberry alerts, a couple more. Or at least I dont see them on the 8900. Any way to transfer those manually without reinstalling?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Make sure they are not under your "Downloads" folder.

Some apps are compatible with your new phone and require you to download the compatible versions.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Unfortunately you cannot backup and restore third party app's that way (sucks hey)...

Have you installed the app's on your 8320 via Desktop Manager or OTA? If via DM, and you still have the installation ALX/COD files you can reinstall again via DM.

If however you installed via OTA, I'd suggest checking out this thread on downloading the OTA files on your PC.

This is the method I use for most of my app's (since I'm a regular OS update freak; makes for easy installation).
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Make sure they are not under your "Downloads" folder.

Some apps are compatible with your new phone and require you to download the compatible versions.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I checked there and they werent. And you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedoan View Post
    Unfortunately you cannot backup and restore third party app's that way (sucks hey)...

Have you installed the app's on your 8320 via Desktop Manager or OTA? If via DM, and you still have the installation ALX/COD files you can reinstall again via DM.

If however you installed via OTA, I'd suggest checking out this thread on downloading the OTA files on your PC.

This is the method I use for most of my app's (since I'm a regular OS update freak; makes for easy installation).
    Now thats cool, and I plan on going .133 tomorrow morning so I'll download this ota app then and try it out. Thanks.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    They actually do switch over if you have ever tried it yourself you would know.

The DM gives you the option of just data or 3rd party applications when you choose the switch device wizard.

If you are just backing up, no it will not save any of your 3rd party applications.

There is still another method to backup 3rd party apps if your old phone is still intact.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    They actually do switch over if you have ever tried it yourself you would know.

The DM gives you the option of just data or 3rd party applications when you choose the switch device wizard.

If you are just backing up, no it will not save any of your 3rd party applications.

There is still another method to backup 3rd party apps if your old phone is still intact.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I just did it and I didnt see that option.

Old phone is still right here.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    You have to choose "switch device" and check the correct box afterwards.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedoan View Post

You can back up 3rd party apps. Go here to see how:

http://forums.pinstack.com/f73/how_to_back_up_3rd_party_apps-98799/

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    You can back up 3rd party apps. Go here to see how:

http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=98799
    I stand corrected, thanks for that... I'll refer to that at next upgrade...

Does this also keep data from the third party apps? (eg locations in Google Maps)
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

mike mikeŠ no está en línea Stack level 2
    when i transferred usin dm 4.6 from my 8320 to my 8900 ... all my apps went over .. didnt realize it was a app folder at first so i looked over them

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    you may also consider reinstalling manually the 3rd party apps. quite a few app makers have made a 4.6 version (such as beejive) to take advantage of new OS/hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
    you may also consider reinstalling manually the 3rd party apps. quite a few app makers have made a 4.6 version (such as beejive) to take advantage of new OS/hardware.
    Yep, And thats what I ended up doing

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    apps transfer for sure on DM switch device. I have never been able to transfer the data with it..for example if you transfer Beejive the software transfers but you must re-enter all the data. Same thing for facebook. Not really a big deal though

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    agreed with bglawrence, it never seems to carry on the details of 3rd party apps.