We use BB through a BES in Australian Government locked down mode Means you have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

alblake no está en línea Stack level 1

Switch to vibrate *without* password?

Advertisement

We use BB through a BES in Australian Government locked down mode
    Means you have to enter a password to do almost anything - although we can make a call from the home screen.
    On my old chunky BB I was able to hold down mute and switch to vibrate profile *without* entering the password. This was great when I forgot to siwtch it to slient in meetings, movies etc.
    With the new 8300 curve I have this functionality doesnt seem to be there? If I hold down mute the BB goes into standby.
    Seems the only way to quickly switctch to vibrate and back again is to log in with my password (which being government is 7 digits and complex!).
    Is there any way to switch profiles *without* logging in on the 8300. Someone mentioned the # key - but this doesnt work for me...

For the life of me I cant see why switching my BB on to vibrate would be a 'secure' feature

Thanks
    Al

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    The curve I don't see anyway how to do it, but the Pearls still let you hold the shift key down while it is locked to change between the vibrate and the last used profile