Hello, I have two Tmo curves and I am going to switch over to ATT ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jdtwyo no está en línea Stack level 1

Switch Curve from Tmo to ATT

Advertisement

Hello,

I have two Tmo curves and I am going to switch over to ATT (work thing), How/Where do I go about unlocking these phones so I dont have to purchase new ones... Cant see purchasing the exact same phone, I would rather have the wifi than GPS anyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NeoLogic no está en línea Stack level 2
    TMO should be able to do it for you as a service. But I think your contract has to be up.
    The day Micro$haft makes something that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Typically if you've been a T-mo customer for 90 days they'll give you the unlock code - I don't know if they'll do it for 2 phones unless you've had two phones in their service for 90 days.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

djdrew010 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sorry to highjack OP thread but if you do unlock the phone and take it to another service provider what do you do about software updates?

Diceone208 no está en línea Stack level 2
    OK, T Mo will unlock a phone after 14 days of service, as long as its outside of the Buyer's remorse period... no one cares what you do with your curve. It simply a call to T Mo, a request to have your phone unlocked, and about 24-48 hours to receive an email with directions to unlock and the code to do so.

Many people travel and instead of paying international roaming rates, they get a foreign SIM.

Now, I may be incorrect, but I believe you will need to already have your ATT SIM card to actually perform the unlock on the 8320. the directions emailed to you will specify.

T-mo will unlock your phone after you're a customer for 90 days...not before...but if you're not new they should do it for you if you ask. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I work for tmobile Cust Care.

You need to be a customer for 14 days.... This is to prevent people from unlocking phones and returning them within the 14 day buyers remorse period.

Its about a 2 minute process on the phone, make sure you have your IMEI number, and a valid email (Preferrably not your BB Email) and you'll get the directions in 24-48 hours.

Blackfish, If you had someone that wouldnt do it for you... you should have called back. And Blackberry support is NOT the department to do it... Customer Care is.

As of right now, the only phone that T Mo will not unlock is the Sidekick. Any other phone can be done after 14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by djdrew010 View Post
    Sorry to highjack OP thread but if you do unlock the phone and take it to another service provider what do you do about software updates?

Contact the new provider and get with their Tech department to make sure your device is configured properly for use on their network. Main changes that need to be made are Internet access, WAP access, and MMS.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Typically if you've been a T-mo customer for 90 days they'll give you the unlock code - I don't know if they'll do it for 2 phones unless you've had two phones in their service for 90 days.
    T Mo can unlock as many phones as you have on your account... it DOES have to be a device that has been active on your account at one point or another... Basically, t mo wont unlock a device that you dont own or isnt recognized in the system as being associated with your T Mo account.

My expreience was last year. I had been a T-mo customer about a month or 6 weeks, was going to France and wanted to unlock my BB and use a SFR SIM in it. I talked to CS several times - EVERY one told me minimum 90 days. At least their story was consistent. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    the blackberry os can come from any service provider. It doesn't affect the phone. You just have to delete the vendor.xml file on the pc.

However att doesn't support the UMA aka wifi calls.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

man, Im sorry that happened... We could have done it. It SERIOUSLY only needs to be past the 14 day buyer's remorse period. regardless of your tenure as a customer, as long as there's no way you can return the phone for buyer's remorse... it can be unlocked.

I've done it a bunch of times with new customers traveling to India, Germany, UK, South America, etc...

I would have hooked you up!

Thanks. Water under the bridge now. I had to change carriers anyway. T-mo's coverage here in Arkansas is not great. I still have a to-go account on my 8320 tho so I didn't completely leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diceone208 View Post
    man, Im sorry that happened... We could have done it. It SERIOUSLY only needs to be past the 14 day buyer's remorse period. regardless of your tenure as a customer, as long as there's no way you can return the phone for buyer's remorse... it can be unlocked.

I've done it a bunch of times with new customers traveling to India, Germany, UK, South America, etc...

I would have hooked you up!

Ha Ha, nice.
    Problems can not be solved by the same level of thinking that created them....
    Albert Einstein.