Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

My wife and I had problems with MMS on both our 8300s from the get-go, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Stunned!!!!!

Advertisement

My wife and I had problems with MMS on both our 8300s from the get-go, and after multiple calls and hours on the phone with various support with no resolution, my wife finally demanded they send us new phones. They of course refused and said they would be refurbs. We finally gave in and told them to send us the refurbs, which the rep said would be 8310s.

Well they arrived and as I suspected, they were just refurb 8300s. The trackball was nearly broken on my wife's, and the backlight looked like it was about to go out on mine. So we called back and complained some more, and they finally said they would send us 8310s. Those arrived, and my wife's was a brand new 8310, and of course mine was yet another refurb 8300. I couldn't find any problems with this refurb, but I was still PO'd and called back yet again and griped. They first tried telling me they couldn't exchange it if there was nothing wrong with it, even though they had record of the previous rep saying I was suppose to be sent the 8310. So I lied and told him it wasn't reading my micro-sd card (i just took it out) and he walked me through trouble-shooting and couldn't get it working (obviously) and finally gave up and said he would send me an 8310. Then he said he saw in their system where the previous rep had made a mistake and accidentally ordered the 8300. So finally, both my wife and I ended up with shiny new 8310s (titanium). I was hoping for the red one, but I didn't want to push it, and was sick and tired of dealing with them at that point.

At one point we had like 7 curves at the same time, it was pretty hilarious. But it sure wasn't fun trying to keep track of which return shipping labels belonged to which phone!
    Last edited by bonebox; 01-10-2008 at 04:54 PM.

niforpix no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by mwo2616 View Post
    I called AT&T today to make a warranty exchange on my Curve 8300 that i just purchased in August. When i got a CS Rep on the phone, she informed me that AT&T has discontinued the 8300, and it would be replaced with an 8310!!!! I could not believe what I was hearing.......
    Same thing happened to me with Rogers.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I exchanged my 8100 with AT&T over 6 times and the rep said she was sending me an 8300. Ended up being an 8310. And they sent a bluetooth headset, car charger, xtra battery, and a 2nd travel charger with it. I was finally happy!

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by takadante View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I exchanged my 8100 with AT&T over 6 times and the rep said she was sending me an 8300. Ended up being an 8310. And they sent a bluetooth headset, car charger, xtra battery, and a 2nd travel charger with it. I was finally happy!
    Ok, I think we have a winner! Rub it in, why doncha

vindicatedx2x no está en línea Stack level 2

I dunno! I got a brand new 8310 for 30 dollars with a new contract.

Previous to that I had gotten a Blackjack and hated it -- the OS was slow, and it took like 6 steps to start a text message. Plus I HATE samsungs connecting pins -- and the bb curve had a 3.5 head jack. So I returned it, just to use my old phone again (not a smartphone). The guy that I returned it too typed in the system I returned it, but didn't reset our contract.

So finally when the time came to get a phone, it didn't show me as eligible for a phone discount. After hours and hours on the phone, they offered me a brand new 8300 for the price of a refurbished -- 30 dollars. This was because they said they had no other option to let me purchase online and still get the discount. I was content with this, but when I went into the store asked if I could have a red one, and the manager on duty said, "Well, you certainly are getting a deal..." and gave it to me!

Yay for 30 dollar brand new 8310! First blackberry ever, and I much enjoy it! (Minus the screen getting knicked the first night I have it from a usb chord falling on it... I can't believe how crappy these screens are)

vindicatedx2x no está en línea Stack level 2

Woops sorry, I hit it twice and couldn't find the delete button >_<

realmadrid101 no está en línea Stack level 1

hey , whats wrong with the 8300??

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

I have both the 8300 & 8310 models. They are both good BB's.

Also I have years of experience with AT&T, then Cingular & back to AT&T. What is important for all of us to remember is that this is a huge company with hundreds of customer service reps. Just like any other large scale business they are not all courteous & helpful. I know this because I call in to upgrade at least once every 3 months. The key to success is to not be offended or believe what the CSR is telling you if they are being difficult & not taking care of you. So rather judge the company based on just one person during one phone call, simply thank them, tell them you are going to think about it and say good bye. This beats wasting time arguing with that person as he or she is focused on being right, not helping you.

Then call right back, you will get someone else who is very likely to take care of you as long as you are pleasant & do not bring up your earlier experience. Simply keep focused on what you want, being patient & courteous & you will find they are very accommodating.

~via Red BB 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C

Quote Originally Posted by jkai2188 View Post
    Who has won a JD Power award for customer service the last 6 years?....ATT....NO!!!!

TMO BABY!!!

It is easy to win an award for customer service when you service less than half the customers AT&T has.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by kidwell61 View Post
    It is easy to win an award for customer service when you service less than half the customers AT&T has.
    AT$T might win an award if they serviced half of their customers!!!

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I have both the 8300 & 8310 models. They are both good BB's.

Also I have years of experience with AT&T, then Cingular & back to AT&T. What is important for all of us to remember is that this is a huge company with hundreds of customer service reps. Just like any other large scale business they are not all courteous & helpful. I know this because I call in to upgrade at least once every 3 months. The key to success is to not be offended or believe what the CSR is telling you if they are being difficult & not taking care of you. So rather judge the company based on just one person during one phone call, simply thank them, tell them you are going to think about it and say good bye. This beats wasting time arguing with that person as he or she is focused on being right, not helping you.

Then call right back, you will get someone else who is very likely to take care of you as long as you are pleasant & do not bring up your earlier experience. Simply keep focused on what you want, being patient & courteous & you will find they are very accommodating.

~via Red BB 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~
    How do you upgrade every 3 months? Is there a method to this or do you have a special connection?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by scboatman View Post
    How do you upgrade every 3 months? Is there a method to this or do you have a special connection?
    Pay full price and not have a contract.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

That's mot really upgrading then (at least in the terms of upgrading as per the carriers).... that is just buying a new phone/device every 3 months.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Semantics, Semantics. Last Time I checked the "Upgrade your Phone" link on my carrier's site they would let my buy an new phone even though I wasn't eligible for a discount. Just had to pay full price. No difference to me. I would have still had 14 months on my contract. I went to the store and "Upgraded".

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Yes I realize that, but I got the impression that he did about some sort of discount upgrade (like the plan is described by the carriers), otherwise why would you have to negotiate with the operators and if you don't like what they say, hang up and call back. If you are paying full price, should be no negotiation involved. I guess this is where the confusion comes into play, as there are some that are allowed to upgrade at a discount more often than others through their company programs.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast