Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

The folks at warrantee exchange told me the cannot know weather they are sending you ... BlackBerry Curve forum

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6

Re: Stunned!!!!!

Advertisement

The folks at warrantee exchange told me the cannot know weather they are sending you a refurb or a new device. They have no say in the matter. If you ask for a supervisor, tell them you want a new phone for all your trouble. They can connect you with customer care at that point and they are usually happy to order a new replacement phone, at no additional cost, for you if you've been having alot of problems.

I also asked if they could tell me where the phone was made (Mexico or Canada). This particular rep didn"t know how to tell. Does anyone out there know how to tell the difference?

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

ok...i called up the warranty number and talked to this lady, i explained to her that i have lotsa dust under my screen (my 2nd curve, first replaced for the same reason under 30 days), the top rubber started to peel off, occasional reboots...she said that she wud be happy to replace it but she wasn't sure if i wud b charged for the replacement or not since the rubber was peeling off and its a physical damage to the phone...and that any physical damage voids the warranty...even though its not my fault...she says that RIM did not cite rubber problem eligible for a warranty replacement...i spoke with an escalation rep and the same thing...this sucks! he said is a 50/50 chance of me getting charged. he suggested that i take it to a local at&t store and have a rep check it out and see wat he thinks abt my phone being eligible under warranty!

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Quote Originally Posted by scboatman View Post
    I also asked if they could tell me where the phone was made (Mexico or Canada). This particular rep didn"t know how to tell. Does anyone out there know how to tell the difference?
    Look on the label under the battery on the device. The same label that has all the bar codes, the very bottom line should say "Made in ________". It's also on the box. Look on the side with the bar codes and it should be the first thing in the right side column at the bottom.

Tucker

KBSPN no está en línea Stack level 2

Just got mine today seems to be a refurb - I will be on the phone though. I am having no real problems with my phone other than the rubber peeling. I hate to switch it for a phone that might give me problems. I really want an 8310 as a replacement.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

So far, I have had 5 - 83xx series phones to date.

My newest RED 8310 is of noticeably better build quality, but only by a small margin. Mostly in the close fitting body parts where the gaps are closed. On some of the others the gaps were a bit wider, yet none of them made noise or where loose.

Each of the five have been great phones regardless of where they are made. I'm not suggesting that it's a bad idea to look at where your phone is from, I'm only suggesting that in my experience it does not seem to be a factor. Or something to obsess over. My viewpoint for whatever it's worth, is that we must remember that these are mass produced and no matter what plant makes your BB, they cannot all be perfect and that is why there is a warranty.

Also I think it's important to remember that there are a huge number of people with BBs that have no problems thus they don't post here. Therefore since we are all enthusiasts and speaking for myself, very picky, I know that more problems are reported here, than successes with well made BlackBerrys that have no problem at all.

In general of all the new BBs I've had the 83xx series is the best, and the 8310 is the best of the best!

Finally I have a BlackBerry that suits all of my needs perfectly, and I'm really enjoying this model.

Cheers....

Ems5000 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by adamjay79 View Post
    I posted earlier and it disappeared, so here we go again. My replacement arrived the other day and it was a refurbished 8300. I called warranty exchange and explained nicely how unhappy I was. I bought the Curve when it first came out, and now it is already discontinued. I said that for a NEW phone I should not have had the problems that I had been having, and that I was expecting a new 8310 to arrive. I also told them that the rep who processed the exchange for me told me I would be getting an 8310. I was told that it is up to RIM as to what they use for warranty exchange, and that even though the 8300 was discontinued they had plenty of "high quality refurbs" for replacement. I asked for a supervisor because I was not happy with the response. After about 5 minutes of nicely explaining how I felt, an 8310 is on its way to me for Monday AM delivery.

Im curios how did you make out???

No dice on the upgrade. I am returning the 8300 Refurb that they sent me. I have 9 months left on my warranty so we will see what happens. They did say I could call customer care but this is beginning to be like work.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by KBSPN View Post
    No dice on the upgrade. I am returning the 8300 Refurb that they sent me. I have 9 months left on my warranty so we will see what happens. They did say I could call customer care but this is beginning to be like work.
    Based on my experience, spending some time on the phone with customer care is very valuable and the chances of you gettting a NEW 8310 are very high. I've been with AT&T a long time, I have purchased many new BB's from them simply because they always take care of me if there is a problem.

The real key here is simply to be very patient, courteous, and give them a chance to solve your problem. They have always done the right thing for me.

Cheers.....

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ems5000 View Post
    Im curios how did you make out???

Brand new 8310 arrived this morning via FedEx - titanium. I wanted the red though. Called customer care and they are sending me out the red one at no charge. Sending titanium back. Spend the time on the phone with them, ask for a sup, but be nice... they seem to be more than willing to help.

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6

Quote Originally Posted by iridemybike View Post
    Look on the label under the battery on the device. The same label that has all the bar codes, the very bottom line should say "Made in ________". It's also on the box. Look on the side with the bar codes and it should be the first thing in the right side column at the bottom.

Tucker

Thanks Tucker,

I looked under my battery and it says "Made in Hungary". What the heck!

AuriemmaPhoto no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a47815

I called the store. They would not do it. Call AT&T CS and just ak them. They did it for me with free overnight shipping too.

If your rubber is peeling that can be a warranty replacement if you are in the first year of your contract.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Quote Originally Posted by scboatman View Post
    Thanks Tucker,

I looked under my battery and it says "Made in Hungary". What the heck!

Hmmpf, mine says "Made in Mexico". I've never seen one from Hungary. I thought they were all from Canada or Mexico.

Tucker

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

just got off the phone with ATT about my SIM card errors and peeling on the top. I have a new phone coming to me, I got the faster shipping. The lady said that I would probably get an 8310(I played it off like I didn't know the difference so she didn't think I was just trying to get the new one) but there is a chance I get an 8300 refurb. If i get a refurb it is going back, I won't accept that. I really hope I get a Titanium 8310!

so Karpfish what did you get?

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

I'm not sure yet, but its coming soon! Been on its way since 8 this morning. I was amazed to check the tracking this morning and see it out for delivery! I only got off the phone with them at 6 EST, thats prettycool. Hope I get an 8310!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast