Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

The little nub on the number 5 key? Me too. Tucker... BlackBerry Curve forum

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Re: Stunned!!!!!

Advertisement

The little nub on the number 5 key? Me too.

Tucker

vas729 no está en línea Stack level 2

Yup. The little nub. Hopefully this one will work out better.

I forgot how stiff the trackball was when it was new. Feels weird.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Any AT&T customer willing to exchange one of my 8300's? The rubber is peeling on mine too but I use it on T-mobile.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by iridemybike
    FYI, you don't have to pay extra to use the GPS on the 8310. There are plenty of free apps out there that can take advantage of the GPS feature.
    Thanks a lot for calling that to my attention. I will have to check it out just for kicks.
    Cheers!

KBSPN no está en línea Stack level 2

They didn't say one way or the other 8300 or 8310 oh how I hope it is a 8310!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

liquidsense no está en línea Stack level 2

Of those that have gotten 8300's as replacements, do you have any idea where they were manufactured? Mexico or Canada? I'm curious because I'm really trying to remedy this dust under the screen issue that I've had very very bad luck with. Three 8300s now have major dust problems - all made in Mexico.

mdys no está en línea Stack level 2

I called the AT&T warranty exchange department and they probably have all received a memo that they need to "exchange like for like" - that is an 8300 for an 8300, not the upgrade. They said if you return for the same reason a few times, they might consider the upgrade. That's odd, wouldn't you want to please the customer the first time around?

At least I get a new Curve . . . no dust, no trackball probs. I can always exchange again when the dust comes back. I made sure that they noted my concerns on the account. Oh, and they don't start a new warranty with the new phone - They use the date of purchase of the first one. I guess I'll put up more of a fight when the warranty comes closer to it's end.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Officially, Ebay purchased phones are not warranted by any manufacturer or carrier. Unofficially, it all depends on who had the phone first, who you deal with in CSR, and how old the phone is. Yes, they can track the serial number and see where it was originally sold to (retailer wise) and track who the first person to use it is if they want to. I have had a customer come into my shop before saying they were told they needed an original reciept due to discrepencies in where it was sold to and where it was bought.

Zo

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3

I posted earlier and it disappeared, so here we go again. My replacement arrived the other day and it was a refurbished 8300. I called warranty exchange and explained nicely how unhappy I was. I bought the Curve when it first came out, and now it is already discontinued. I said that for a NEW phone I should not have had the problems that I had been having, and that I was expecting a new 8310 to arrive. I also told them that the rep who processed the exchange for me told me I would be getting an 8310. I was told that it is up to RIM as to what they use for warranty exchange, and that even though the 8300 was discontinued they had plenty of "high quality refurbs" for replacement. I asked for a supervisor because I was not happy with the response. After about 5 minutes of nicely explaining how I felt, an 8310 is on its way to me for Monday AM delivery.

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6

I just got off the phone with AT&T, warranty swapping my 3rd Curve. I had them put a escalation rep on so that I can make sure to get a new BB instead of a remanufactured one again. The rep said that there is no way to garrantee that I would get a new one, so he offered to connect me to Customer Care, that they may want me to pay something for it. I took my chances and to my BBdelight she was able to order me a new one at no cost and sen it b 2nd day UPS. Then I asked what color it would be she said Silver. I ask if Red was available, she said no but she'll check anyway. She found me a red one and put the order in to best filled 1st thing Monday morning, with a new SIM card to boot! This is not an upgrade, she made sure to just make it a swap out so I will not have to start a new 2 yr aggreement.

I would say to anyone, if you get constant problems with your Curve from AT&T, just be courteous and ask to take it up a level and you can get the service you deserve from them. It's worth it!

Stephen!

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Awesome! Congratulations to you!
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

mdys no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by adamjay79 View Post
    I posted earlier and it disappeared, so here we go again. My replacement arrived the other day and it was a refurbished 8300. I called warranty exchange and explained nicely how unhappy I was. I bought the Curve when it first came out, and now it is already discontinued. I said that for a NEW phone I should not have had the problems that I had been having, and that I was expecting a new 8310 to arrive. I also told them that the rep who processed the exchange for me told me I would be getting an 8310. I was told that it is up to RIM as to what they use for warranty exchange, and that even though the 8300 was discontinued they had plenty of "high quality refurbs" for replacement. I asked for a supervisor because I was not happy with the response. After about 5 minutes of nicely explaining how I felt, an 8310 is on its way to me for Monday AM delivery.

How can you tell if you get a refurbed model - Are they required to mark somewhere that it is refurbed as opposed to new? They said they'd send me a new one . . . I'll be really mad if they send me a refurbed Curve!

liquidsense no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by mdys View Post
    How can you tell if you get a refurbed model - Are they required to mark somewhere that it is refurbed as opposed to new? They said they'd send me a new one . . . I'll be really mad if they send me a refurbed Curve!
    I'm also very curious about this. I am pretty sure I got sent a refurb for my third replacement Curve from Amazon, who guaranteed that I got a new phone (and that they NEVER give refurbs). I say this because the seal/sticker on the box had been cut open, and then overlapped with a new seal/sticker. And the manuals and other documents were not cleanly placed in their plastic, but creased and poorly aligned.

In any event, the phone is fine, but I am curious. And please don't flame me for having returned my phone twice -- it was having truly unacceptable dust issues under the screen.

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I just received my 6th replacement curve but finally sent a new 8310 titaniumlast week. AT&T rocks.
    With at&t in the shipping weight I will be 1 pound it is a refurbished phone, always ask for a full kit better chance for a new one.

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mdys View Post

The box this one came in said that it was "high quality remanufactured equiptment." They are not REQUIRED to tell you. However, you can call ATT and ask them for an IMEI history on your phone. You ask for that, and tell them you want to know how many numbers the IMEI has been used on. If it is more than one (your phone) it is a refurb.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast