Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by squeakr Way to take a quote out of context. You could have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: Stunned!!!!!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by squeakr
    Way to take a quote out of context. You could have at least quoted the whole sentence that included the lack of being able to add insurance and that is why we don't want to pay those prices.
    With all due respect, I believe my post was misunderstood.

I was simply relaying my experience with the company. I also use T-Mobile as I have two lines. They each have their positives and negatives.

At no time did I intend to suggest that "others" were not being reasonable in their approach, nor was I intentionally taking anything out of context. If you read my other posts on this forum, you will find that I am respectful of others opinions and approaches. I was merely sharing what works for me and how I achieved it.

As far as pricing is concerned one must check carefully, as the "myth" that T-Mo is less expensive is just that. Go to their web site now and you will find the newest Curve at an upgrade price of $249, as compared to just $199 from AT&T. I'm not defending either of these companies as personally I think they both do a good job. The proof is that I'm currently doing business with both of them. I find no advantage in comparing them, and there will be differences from one to the other. They are simply different companies as one would expect.

Regarding the insurance I happen to know as a fact that the insurance company has indeed refused to do business with AT&T because of the volume and sheer number of customers that they have, therefore increasing the likelihood of more claims. Like any insurance for autos, homes or other items, it's the insurance companies that are the problem, not the companies or their customers. The insurance companies are more concerned about maximising their profits by denying as many claims as possible, and, or turning down customers

As far as a persons experience with either AT&T or T-Mo, it does indeed matter quite a bit WHO you get on the phone. You may get a good person that wants to help you and you may get a person that is stubborn, has a bad attitude and will not give an inch. Remembering the massive size of these carriers and all the employees they have at the call centers. When I encounter someone who is difficult I simply hang up and call right back. Knowing that I will have a chance at getting another person that most likely will have a better attitude and take care of things by doing the right thing.

To be sceptical and make a blanket statement about any company based on one or two employees attitudes does not reflect the overall attitude or value of the company.

My intention is to be a contributing member of this forum and give back in a positive way. I have enjoyed a lot of help here from others when I was new, and now with a decent amount of experience having owned more than ten BlackBerry's I'm simply trying to help.

Finally, if somehow I composed my post in a manner that suggested I was being critical of other members of this forum, or purposely taking things out of context, please accept my sincere apology, as it was not my intention.

archer6

vas729 no está en línea Stack level 2

/applaud archer6

mwo2616 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    With all due respect, I believe my post was misunderstood.

I was simply relaying my experience with the company. I also use T-Mobile as I have two lines. They each have their positives and negatives.

At no time did I intend to suggest that "others" were not being reasonable in their approach, nor was I intentionally taking anything out of context. If you read my other posts on this forum, you will find that I am respectful of others opinions and approaches. I was merely sharing what works for me and how I achieved it.

As far as pricing is concerned one must check carefully, as the "myth" that T-Mo is less expensive is just that. Go to their web site now and you will find the newest Curve at an upgrade price of $249, as compared to just $199 from AT&T. I'm not defending either of these companies as personally I think they both do a good job. The proof is that I'm currently doing business with both of them. I find no advantage in comparing them, and there will be differences from one to the other. They are simply different companies as one would expect.

Regarding the insurance I happen to know as a fact that the insurance company has indeed refused to do business with AT&T because of the volume and sheer number of customers that they have, therefore increasing the likelihood of more claims. Like any insurance for autos, homes or other items, it's the insurance companies that are the problem, not the companies or their customers. The insurance companies are more concerned about maximising their profits by denying as many claims as possible, and, or turning down customers

As far as a persons experience with either AT&T or T-Mo, it does indeed matter quite a bit WHO you get on the phone. You may get a good person that wants to help you and you may get a person that is stubborn, has a bad attitude and will not give an inch. Remembering the massive size of these carriers and all the employees they have at the call centers. When I encounter someone who is difficult I simply hang up and call right back. Knowing that I will have a chance at getting another person that most likely will have a better attitude and take care of things by doing the right thing.

To be sceptical and make a blanket statement about any company based on one or two employees attitudes does not reflect the overall attitude or value of the company.

My intention is to be a contributing member of this forum and give back in a positive way. I have enjoyed a lot of help here from others when I was new, and now with a decent amount of experience having owned more than ten BlackBerry's I'm simply trying to help.

Finally, if somehow I composed my post in a manner that suggested I was being critical of other members of this forum, or purposely taking things out of context, please accept my sincere apology, as it was not my intention.

archer6

Archer, stop trying to hijack my thread!!!!! lol

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3

I just did a warranty exchange and they sent me an 8300 brand new. I recieved it next day.

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3

I called and set up a warranty exchange the other day. Phone should be here today or Monday. They said I would get an 8310, so we will see when it arrives.

Just got an email from att. Checked the tracking info and it should be here today. att customer service rocks!

Now I just hope it is an 8310!

fdjordan no está en línea Stack level 2

I just called as well, however there was no mention of the 8310, hmmm well see
    Davey Jordan
    Bionic Wireless
    www.BionicWirelessOnline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mwo2616
    Archer, stop trying to hijack my thread!!!!! lol
    See.... that's proof positive that I'm such a sick BB addict, I cannot even think straight.....
    Want a really good laugh? You should see what affect it's had on my work....work....?..

KBSPN no está en línea Stack level 2

I also called for the rubber coming off the top. We will see if they ship a 8310?

shakuyi no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2425A121

KBSPN did they tell u they are sending an 8310?

Well I knew I shouldnt have gotten my hopes up. Got an 8300 in exchange. Oh well, at least it seems to be brand new.

Still ticked though. Gratz to those that got an 8310. Maybe I'll try again in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by vas729
    Well I knew I shouldnt have gotten my hopes up. Got an 8300 in exchange. Oh well, at least it seems to be brand new.

Still ticked though. Gratz to those that got an 8310. Maybe I'll try again in a few months.
    I got an 8310, and here's how I feel about it, I really do not need the GPS, plus there is an extra fee to use it. Since this is virtually the only difference between the two, unless you really need GPS and have no problem paying extra to use it, you're not missing a thing. At least that my 2 cents.....

Oh, and by the way, the only reason I got the 8310 is Red happens to be my favorite color, and it's very nice and understated on this phone. Not femine, bright, or flashy at all. So, much like GPS, if you're not eager for a red phone like I was, you are still better off.

Cheers....

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    I got an 8310, and here's how I feel about it, I really do not need the GPS, plus there is an extra fee to use it. Since this is virtually the only difference between the two, unless you really need GPS and have no problem paying extra to use it, you're not missing a thing. At least that my 2 cents.....

Oh, and by the way, the only reason I got the 8310 is Red happens to be my favorite color, and it's very nice and understated on this phone. Not femine, bright, or flashy at all. So, much like GPS, if you're not eager for a red phone like I was, you are still better off.

Cheers....
    That is what I wanted. The red one. I am so bummed about it. I knew I shouldn't have figured that an 8310 would show up. Things like this never happen to me.

Even though I was having problems with my curve, and am happy that I have a new one, I just dont wanna go through the hassle of changing everything over to the new one. If it was an 8310 I would happily do it.

Actually, I'm half tempted to sell the new curve that I just got, and then buy something else in exchange for it. I can get a lot more for it being that it is new!

Hmmmmm...
    Last edited by vas729; 10-26-2007 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Automerged.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

FYI, you don't have to pay extra to use the GPS on the 8310. There are plenty of free apps out there that can take advantage of the GPS feature.

Also, just did a warranty exchange for a customer today and they are sending another 8300. I guess you guys just got lucky.

Tucker

Ya me too tucker.

Just got done transferring everything over. I am happy to just have a new curve though. Seems to be much faster than my old one. I will just have to hope that I get better battery life now.

And my number 5 key was wearing off for some reason. Dont have to deal with that anymore either!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast