Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I recently received a warranty exchange on the T-Mobile BlackBerry Curve 8320 because of the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JPREP no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Stunned!!!!!

Advertisement

I recently received a warranty exchange on the T-Mobile BlackBerry Curve 8320 because of the same peeling problem at the top, and the side "rail" was loose, squeaky and therefore incredibly annoying to me.

They agreed on an exchange because it was only 25 days old, and the device, being so new, should not have deteriorated that quickly, even with excessive use.

My opinion, if your device is relatively new, it can't hurt to give them a call. I argued that the amount of money I paid (which was full retail price) was not worth anything that would be such poor quality in so little time (in fact, it should be wearing me out).

Good luck.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mwo2616
    I called AT&T today to make a warranty exchange on my Curve 8300 that i just purchased in August. When i got a CS Rep on the phone, she informed me that AT&T has discontinued the 8300, and it would be replaced with an 8310!!!! I could not believe what I was hearing.......
    This is why I like AT&T, they always take care of the customer.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by squeakr
    alot of us see no benefit of paying their extortionist prices.
    It may be in the approach.
    I have enjoyed buying 4 new BB's this year from AT&T. Each time they have extended a discount far below the prices on ebay. I got my RED 8310 for just $69.99. And I was not eligible for an upgrade. They simply appreciate my business & my courtesy. Everyone wins.
    Cheers !

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    This is why I like AT&T, they always take care of the customer.
    Who has won a JD Power award for customer service the last 6 years?....ATT....NO!!!!

TMO BABY!!!

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    It may be in the approach.
    I have enjoyed buying 4 new BB's this year from AT&T. Each time they have extended a discount far below the prices on ebay. I got my RED 8310 for just $69.99. And I was not eligible for an upgrade. They simply appreciate my business & my courtesy. Everyone wins.
    Cheers !
    Way to take a quote out of context. You could have at least quoted the whole sentence that included the lack of being able to add insurance and that is why we don't want to pay those prices. I pay a hefty fee every month to them, have never been late and all they would continue to do was send me defective devices. I had at least 10 dropped calls a day with the prior devices (a known issue with the device and netwrok upgrades taking place, with no fix in site) and they just kept sending the same device. Once they switched out to the BB the problems disappeared. They said that they would give me said discount like you got, but evertime I went into the stores to purchase said device, notes had magically disappeared and could only sell device at full retail (extortionist price reference). I called several times from within the stores and was told (they even told sales rep same thing over the phone that they were notating account). Notes never showed up. After 5 store visits in one day, and 6 hours on the phone with CSR, I decided that I had had enough and have gone to T-Mo. It just wasn't worth my time and effort. Never once did I curse or make a scene, raise my voice, or any other negative thing, so your reference to being nice had nothinig to do with it. I just find that if they won't back their phones, then it is not a good mix between them and myself for a business venture. Every other company uses one of the two major insurers and they have no problem with insuring BB's so why not AT$T?? They told me it was not their choice but the insurers choice (I even said that I find it hard to believe that the insurers are limiting AT$T but not bothering any other insurer, just giving them free reign). Sorry for the long rant, I just think that it is not fair that one gets accused of being unreasonable due to the fact that they get no special perks. Heck, some have been able through FAN accounts to purchase new devices at least once a month at discount prices and then they sell them 2 weeks later, way to take advantage of the system and make it hard for other like myself to get an even break.

KBSPN no está en línea Stack level 2

I got my 8300 in July from Amazon through AT&T. the top rubber is pealing on mine - would they replace it and ifso who do I call? I bought no extra insurance

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

wooo hooo congrats! and enjoy!

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Yep, the 8310 is replacing the 8300 in the lineup. Eventually that will happen for everybody. I'm kinda surprised it happened so soon though. Good for you!

Tucker

aimeekelley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~tmo customer care rocks! Any time I had a problem with my 8100 they replaces it without a problem. Now I have a curve and I know that if I have problem with it tmo will take care of it.

shakuyi no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2425A121

hmm i think tomorrow im gonna call in for my 8300 and see about getting an 8310 my phone does the most ANNOYING thing hte world a few times a day......when im not even moving it around itll go from: EDGE to no service to gprs to gsm to GSM to edge what gives anyone else notice this? also did anybody else get a 8300 exchanged with an 8310? if you want the number for at&t warranty exchange it is 800-801-1101

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    yea I don't think they would...usually have to purchase from them
    Actually it doesn't matter where you purchased it from. If it's under 1 year old, ATT will do an XBM. Doesn't have to be purchased from them. The key is that it's ATT branded, and under year old.

They really don't know where you purchased it. They just confirm it's an ATT phone by the serial#.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

KBSPN no está en línea Stack level 2

Did they ship you a new phone or did you have to wait while they checked your old phone? How long did it take to get your replacment phone?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Re: Stunned!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cupiecat
    Do you think AT&T would also exchange for the same issue on my 8300? I bought mine brand new off of ebay. It's branded with AT&T and it's still locked to the carrier also.
    I bought mine off ebay used and AT&T did a warranty exchange because of the ear phone jack not working on one channel. AT&T is my carrier so if you are with AT&T your chances are good to get an exchange. Give it a try, you have nothing to loose. I did not mention where I bought the Curve to them.
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum
    Actually it doesn't matter where you purchased it from. If it's under 1 year old, ATT will do an XBM. Doesn't have to be purchased from them. The key is that it's ATT branded, and under year old.

They really don't know where you purchased it. They just confirm it's an ATT phone by the serial#.
    Really? They wouldn't do that would they? So you mean if I get a phone from ebay branded at&t and it goes haywire within a year I can bring it to a store and say hey I need a new one?

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

i dont think he meant a store, but at&t itself. i think they r talkin abt calling them up!

i dont think they will exchange in a store...i took mine to a nearby at&t store and they wouldn't replace it as i bought it from amazon and it was still under 30 days since i got it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast