Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Well, the other way is to have 4 different lines with different contract end dates ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Stunned!!!!!

Advertisement

Well, the other way is to have 4 different lines with different contract end dates or upgrade eligibility dates. AT&T will allow 12 month contract upgrades, just with a lesser discount.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

bigsho no está en línea Stack level 2

or you can go to an ATT agent locatation 12 months into your contract and have them call customer care and see if you qualify for an exception upgrade. You get to purchase a new phone at 1 year pricing, if you renew for two years.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

For clarification I used the word "upgrade" because that is exactly what I do. For example was using an 8700c, then the 8800 is released. I've only had the 8700 for 3 months.

I go online and the site says I'm not eligible for an upgrade, as you must own your current phone for a preset amount of time. I cannot remember if it's 18 months or 24 months, but you get the idea.

So what I do, is call in to customer service. I ask for what I want, they decline and then I simply remain calm, courteous and persevere, by asking nicely for a supervisor. I negotiate with that person, until he or she changes my status to edible for an upgrade, which entitles me to upgrade pricing.

So in fact, it is indeed an upgrade. I have no problem agreeing to an extension of my contract as I have always had excellent service from AT&T and have no reason to go elsewhere. They even ship the phone to me FedEx two day service for free. I could not be happier.

Then in 3 months or so, (sometimes less) I decided that I wanted the newly released Curve 8300. I simply call in and repeat the routine. So in each case I am only paying upgrade price for the phone. I have never, ever paid retail for phones from AT&T. They are really great about working with the customer if you know the approach. I have repeated this more times than anyone would believe. That's how I end up owning the latest phones when they are released.

Cheers!

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

I have TMO. I just called and got a warantee exchange on my 8700g. It was very smooth, but one thing struck me as odd. The new device I will recieve does not have a new warantee. I continue the same warantee time period I had on my original device, that expires in August. I'm not sure how to feel about that. If this new device has an issue in the begining of september, I guess I am screwed. I guess if it's going to have a problem, it better show up by July. Anyone heard when the 8700 series is being put out to pasture?
    Andy

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by Schufly View Post
    Anyone heard when the 8700 series is being put out to pasture?
    I don't imagine ever or not at least until an equivalent model is made. It is still one of the best selling blackberries of all time, part of why carriers have not had to reduce cost on it much. Enterprise users love its durability and keypad, not to mention vibrant screen, excellent battery life and no camera/memory card (makes life much easier on corp security). the 8800 has not had near as high penetration with power users.

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jkai2188 View Post
    Who has won a JD Power award for customer service the last 6 years?....ATT....NO!!!!

TMO BABY!!!
    +1 hahaha

Jamler no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by squeakr View Post
    They wouldn't warranty my 2 month old Pearl that had a crack on the silver ring around the trackball. They told me it was abuse and that if I sent it in like that they would charge me full price for the replacement, and this was a refurb already from the manufacturer. Told me to buy a new phone, so I did a 8320 with T-Mobile. This was the last straw after the other 8 defective devices they sent my wife and myself over the 5 months. Thanks for no CS support AT$T. They even said it was my fault for not having insurance on the device. I then asked them to add it and they said it wasn't available for this device. NO DUHHH!! Most worhtless CSR I have experienced since the abmonination known as Sprint.

If your phone is beyond the warranty period and you do not have insurance to replace it for your $50
    deductable... Is that AT&T's fault..? To say insurance is not available for the 8320 is ridiculous man...?
    Finding your CSR experience a bit hard to believe. You can't decide to want insurance once something
    happens to your device. My AT&T CSR experience has been unbeatable. Bought a refurb 8300, when
    it arrived the faceplate was pulling away, but the phone worked fine. I told them about it, they sent
    a new one with an RMA... and it arrived the next day!!! No cost to me at all!!

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by Jamler View Post
    If your phone is beyond the warranty period and you do not have insurance to replace it for your $50
    deductable... Is that AT&T's fault..? To say insurance is not available for the 8320 is ridiculous man...?
    Finding your CSR experience a bit hard to believe. You can't decide to want insurance once something
    happens to your device. My AT&T CSR experience has been unbeatable. Bought a refurb 8300, when
    it arrived the faceplate was pulling away, but the phone worked fine. I told them about it, they sent
    a new one with an RMA... and it arrived the next day!!! No cost to me at all!!

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. 1) I have insurance on my 8320, as I went to T-Mo when I bought my new phone through them and added the insurance, and 2) there is no insurance option for any smartphone/PDA with AT$T (except for now they are allowing the BlackJack to be insured) or else I would have had it as well. There is no $50 deductible to claim as AT$T will not insure these devices and they will not even do the claim as they state that it is user induced error (or they said they will do the exchange send me a refurb in exchange and charge me full price for a new device, eah that is fair), so that is how it is their fault. If you have the insurance through them good luck in them honoring it as it is against company policy (and a few have gotten them to put it on only to later deny claims as it is against their TOS). Also. my phone was not beyond their warranty period (they have a strange deal where they will only exchange no questions asked in the first 30 days and that is the period it was beyond), but it still have the rest of the manufacturer warranty that is included (1 year) but I have to contact RIM about this and they will not put me in touch with RIM (which is the only way that RIM would deal with me as I have called and asked). This is also their fault. Their CSR sucks as they sent me to 3 seperate stores to get the issue resolved and assured me they annotated my account other than they said it was broke and needed atttention, everytime the store manager felt bad and called and CSR would say, we have no idea and their is no note on the account (once again their fault). Until you have gone through the run around that I have experienced don't come here and lecture me about how I am wrong and it is my fault and AT$T is the best, that I am lying about my experience. Also learn to read as I didn't try to get the insurance after something happened (I was told it was available by the CSR and I should have gotten it from the start) so I told them it wasn't and option and challenged them to try and add it (as it is against their policy) after they told me I should have added the insurance (once again their fault). They then would come back and say, wow that phone can't have insurance (like I didn't already know this). I had followed all of their rules even the ones they didn't even know about, so they tried to change them as they went.

Don't believe my experience, call CSR and add insurance to your new BB and then see what I am talkign about, then call in with a problem when it is after 30 days and see how they handle it (you exhchanged yours within the 30 day window, next time try and call when it is outside of that window and see how far you get, as that is when mine cracked, day 45).
    Last edited by squeakr; 01-13-2008 at 02:43 PM.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

My 2nd 8300 just died, and AT&T finally agreed to send me a new 8310! I'm very excited to have a phone that(hopefully) doesn't have the dust under the screen issue.

silverdreams no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240BB776

My 8300 is acting wonky and I haven't been able to troubleshoot it, so I'm doing a warranty exchange. I asked the CSR if they would send me an 8310 since they've discontinued the 8300, but she said they had refurbished 8300's in stock, so that's what they would send me. If I call back and talk to someone else, might I be able to convince them to send me an 8310 instead? LOL, I really want an 8310.

Sunshyn no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    So what I do, is call in to customer service. I ask for what I want, they decline and then I simply remain calm, courteous and persevere, by asking nicely for a supervisor. I negotiate with that person, until he or she changes my status to edible for an upgrade, which entitles me to upgrade pricing.
    Maybe you should hire out.
    I'm not shy. I'm studying my prey.

citydcstar no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243FC386
    Quote Originally Posted by mwo2616 View Post
    The Black Rubber was peeling all around the phone!
    Mines too !!! Wonder if I can call tmobile and get them to send me another one because of it.

drucheex no está en línea Stack level 1

looks like im going to get an 8310 on monday... i just called to see if i could exchange my 8300 because of the zero key not putting in my zero and i played dumb and she said they should sned out a 8310

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

You are sooo lucky! I had to buy my 8310, but it was totally worth it!

silverdreams no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240BB776

Hmmmm, this is frustrating... I'm on my parents' family plan, so my mom spoke to the manager at the nearest AT&T store, and he said that they're supposed to be replacing messed-up 8300's under warranty with 8310's, since they have discontinued the 8300. He looked in the system and said that they were actually sending me an 8310! Well, they upgraded my shipping to 2-day, but the phone in the box is an 8300!! He says that there's nothing he can do to help me out, that I have to call the warranty department back and complain until they agree to send me an 8310. LOL. Anyone have any suggestions for what to say to them? I already know I'm going to say that since the 8300 has had so many issues, and that AT&T themselves have even discontinued it, I want my wonky one replaced with the more stable 8310. If that doesn't work on the first CSR I talk to, I guess I'll ask for a supervisor.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910