Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I downloaded an app called iHeart and it asked to boot so I did. Now ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

Stuck on T-Mobile logo!!!

Advertisement

I downloaded an app called iHeart and it asked to boot so I did. Now it wont boot all the way and I'm stuck on the T-Mobile logo.

What should I do, I tried a search but can't find nothing. This is the first time this happened.

Thanks!
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I'm mobile right now so I can't provide the link. Did you have a 3rd party theme loaded when you rebooted? If so, look in the 8900 theme forum for the fix.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    That just happened to me yesterday. I havent added any apps, but I used the quick pull app to reboot my phone and it rebooted to the tmobile screen. When i finally got to the home screen all of my email/mesage folders plus bbm were gone. I had to do the wipe from my phone and reinstall the os to get it to work. When i called tmo to ask what they thought it was, they told me that part of the os was corrupt. They couldnt give me a reason to why it would do this out of nowhere... Hope that helps let us know how it goes..

Gann- I have third party themes installed but i have had them for awhile and havent had a problem like this at all. What do the themes have todo with it? Plus if Heavy has the same problem i had it took me probably 4 reboots to get to the home screen....

Just found this link that pdxmatts posted http://forums.pinstack.com/f227/quickpull_warning-105620/
    Last edited by sparkyj62; 04-04-2009 at 11:07 PM.

It has to do with themes that were made with the beta Plazmic, before the official was released. I've also heard that rebooting when you have unread messages can also have something to do with it. I'm running tmo's official os. Also, whenever I need to reboot I make sure its either on the default theme or one that I know was made with the official Plazmic. I haven't run into this problem.

Also, I've seen on pdxmatts's theme postings info on this; she has a disclaimer at the top of the posting about the issues with themes and rebooting.

TheMercuryMan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ADA6AB
    My phone did that the other day I just did battery pull again then icons were MIA.I then changed theme back to a normal theme then rebooted again and all is well in BB land.

PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    Good tip Mercury, i'll keep that in mind. The only problem i had was when it happened it took me like 3 or 4 battery pulls to even get to the home screen. Getting to the home screen i think was just by chance.. In case this happens again how would i switch themes if i cant get to the home screen?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyj62 View Post
    Good tip Mercury, i'll keep that in mind. The only problem i had was when it happened it took me like 3 or 4 battery pulls to even get to the home screen. Getting to the home screen i think was just by chance.. In case this happens again how would i switch themes if i cant get to the home screen?
    You would have to use DM to remove the third party themes. Should boot fine then.

Btw, I had issues with a theme made by the official cdk, so be careful.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I have had this happen several times. I always removed the theme or themes via DM

PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    Thanks for the info!!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yep same here, everytime this happened to me with Beta 4.7 themes You have to plug your phone to the DM while its on the Tmo or Rogers or ATT etc... screen and remove the modules. It will then reboot and back to work !: )

k9820986843 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    256D62B2
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Yep same here, everytime this happened to me with Beta 4.7 themes You have to plug your phone to the DM while its on the Tmo or Rogers or ATT etc... screen and remove the modules. It will then reboot and back to work !: )
    The thing is that before u reboot ur phone u must go back to the default precision themes and then reboot.or like u said u will have icons and msgs etc missing.even if they are missing just go abck to ur default inbuilt theme and reboot

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    1. Even the themes made after the beta Plasmic will freeze. They all can.
    2. If you reboot and get stuck on the carrier screen hold down the red shutdown button and the phone should shut off. Then turn it on as usual. Then it should go to Home. Then switch your theme to OEM. Then pull the battery. Then go to the new theme.
    3. If you want to use a new theme switch to the original theme b4 your do a battery pull or even when you turn off the phone. That's what I do.
    4. Rumor has it that this will not happen unless you have unread messages on your phone. I can't verify that. I always switch back my theme.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    I downloaded an app called iHeart and it asked to boot so I did. Now it wont boot all the way and I'm stuck on the T-Mobile logo.

What should I do, I tried a search but can't find nothing. This is the first time this happened.

Thanks!
    This may of been answered a few times, but turn the BB off, then turn it back on. Then you change the theme to a default theme. Then do a reboot or battery pull. It's the theme's mess up on reboot.

Aloha!
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Oh sorry guys for not replying, I've been a little busy. But anyway thanks for the replies, I solved the issue.

I removed the 3rd party theme and the phone booted upl

Thanks!
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast