Hello all!! I was just curious if there is a way to stream audio from ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e

Question Streaming audio???

Advertisement

Hello all!! I was just curious if there is a way to stream audio from the internet (off of a link) to the BB media player? When I open the link my bb prompts me to either open or save the item. when i open it the media player opens but no audio. Is there a setting that needs to be changed? I am using it on 8320 if that makes a difference.
    Thanks!!

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Wellm for streaming audio you need OS 4.5 and I dont think its possible. For internet radio use www.moodio.fm

PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    I have 4.5 and i thought i had heard that you could stream audio using the bb player, but i could be wrong.... is there another media player that i could use that would work? Would it matter if i was using wifi or not?
    Last edited by sparkyj62; 10-30-2008 at 09:19 PM.

PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    Hellloooo? anyone have any other suggestions? Are there any other settings i can change to get this to work?

vailbear no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242693D1
    Do you have your APN(access point name) set?
    I have a program called VRadio from "getjar.com". I listen to streaming radio on this program all day long at work.

PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    what is the APN for? how do i set it?

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    The apn varies from carrier to carrier, tmo is wap.voicestream.com and a lot of third party applications that need the internet will use it as it's access point, hence apn being access point name. Go to options, advanced options, then tcp. You'll have to google it or ask others on the stacks if you're on something other than tmo, I can't help with that. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Oh, from what i've heard, xplayer 1.1 beta now has streaming radio. I haven't tried it yet but there's a link floating around the stacks.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    The beta is over, you now have to buy it.

PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post
    The apn varies from carrier to carrier, tmo is wap.voicestream.com and a lot of third party applications that need the internet will use it as it's access point, hence apn being access point name. Go to options, advanced options, then tcp. You'll have to google it or ask others on the stacks if you're on something other than tmo, I can't help with that. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks Volscian! ill give that a try!!

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    sparkyj62: use moodio.fm for streaming radio...this site is free to register and allows you to listen to any internet stream on your BB so long as you provide the URL to the stream source...this is a great service...it's FREE...and works like a charm...they also allow you to add your own streams to their list so that everyone can partake in the experience if they so choose...it's how i listen to the tripplets in CA since they were banned here in AZ...hope this helps http://www.moodio.fm/node/1 to access the website from your phone go to http://www.m.moodio.fm

krabme no está en línea Stack level 1
    Keep in mind, OS 4.5 or later is required for streaming:

FlyCast.fm was launched 11/4 for the BB. I havent got around playing with it yet but it looks promising.

Moodio.fm is excellent but I can't figure out why some stations get stuck at 5 mins while other stations do not. One gripe: it doesn't run in the background.