Since last night, I've not been able to get my Curve to connect to my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro

Strange wifi/UMA issue

Advertisement

Since last night, I've not been able to get my Curve to connect to my router. I've powered the router off and on, done battery pulls on my 8320. I've been successfully connected to this router for over 6 months. The wifi logo is on (not greyed out, like when you have it on and there's no wireless network available), the bb shows my home network name, but I'm still on EDGE. Ran a wifi diagnostic and got Error W006.1. Is anyone else having, or had, the same issue and gotten it resolved? Thanks!

BTW, I know my wifi is working in my house bc my laptop has no trouble connecting.
    Last edited by ganns1980; 01-23-2009 at 12:43 AM.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ganns1980 View Post
    Since last night, I've not been able to get my Curve to connect to my router. I've powered the router off and on, done battery pulls on my 8320. I've been successfully connected to this router for over 6 months. The wifi logo is on (not greyed out, like when you have it on and there's no wireless network available), the bb shows my home network name, but I'm still on EDGE. Ran a wifi diagnostic and got Error W006.1. Is anyone else having, or had, the same issue and gotten it resolved? Thanks!
    Well first, are you able to connect to your router with your computer? If not then it is your router and you need to reset your router, there is a tiny hole where you insert a pen tip and push a button. That will reset everythng that a normal power pull would do.
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

Yup. I added that to my original post, my laptop connects just fine.

kingws6 no está en línea Stack level 1
    im having the same problem it was working just fine till about a week ago almost and it just stoped it still connects but samething wifi isnt greyed out but i can still browse web pages and i have the same error code

I turned wifi off for a couple of days, and in the meantime found that my router's firewall was interfering with another program. I lowered the firewall security level , turned wifi back on, and it's been working since.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    I have found that I tend to have similar issues when I have ssid hidden, and it would works sometimes and flake out randomly, when I turned off the hidden setting it seemed to connect much easier and quicker with a higher stability. I dont know if this will help your issue out but it may help.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i just use my neighbors wifi

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i just use my neighbors wifi
    LOL - you're the person I'm trying to guard access from!!