My wife keeps getting this text message that says mobile oz mail ci=and alot of ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Nuwt no está en línea Stack level 1

Question strange text messages on my wife's 8310

Advertisement

My wife keeps getting this text message that says mobile oz mail ci=and alot of numbers. is this spam or has accidentally signed up for something? any help would be nice since she receives about 6 a day. Thanks

BiggieMack25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not an expert but it sounds like spam. And not the pseudo-lunchmeat!!!
    Biggie Mack 25
    ....I can see my house from here.....

oc12522 no está en línea Stack level 2
    maybe she has aim, msn, or one of those messanger signed in on her bb and when she goes on them on the pc it sends her that. thats the only thing im guesing.

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah I got one of those when I switched to a nokia for a few days. It was a notification that I received and email. I had to get tech to stop it.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Are there any other words that what you have stated in the message? There used to be a problem with something similar. Something that happened if you put your SIM card in another manuf. phone that had a Text based IM on it. Don't remember the exact problem or solution but I'l try to find it.

Richard
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

JRUNCK no está en línea Stack level 2
    I agree w/ the guy who said it might be an IM program maybe too but my first thought is she probably signed up for a premium sms service. For example one of those commercials for the joke of the day text XXXX to (whatever number they give). When you do this you can receive premium SMS messages and be charged each time. Try replying to the text message with stop, quit and (or) unsubscribe. This should work if it is a premium SMS service. It also might be a text reply from sending emails.

when you reply stop it says invalid number

when you reply stop it says invalid number, but i will check and see if she has some im programs. She did have jive talk but it do it before

when you reply stop it says invalid number

when you reply stop it says invalid number, but i will check and see if she has some im programs. She did have jive talk but it do it before. I am beginning to believe its an email program.

salscott no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    Man, this happened to me twice. You must be at&t,oz is a company down under they use for I'm. I bugged at&t numerous times,rim and oz. To this date I don't know who stoped it, but I think it may stop on its own. Very frustrating because nobody has a clue. Search the stack threads, good luck

BlownGTPFTW no está en línea Stack level 1
    i got something similar on my old blackjack 1 and II.

it was because of the aim program i was using.

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    if you've ever had at&t's mobile email program on another phone, you might need to put your sim card back in that phone and delete your mobile email account. I had the same problem when i moved from my lg 500 to my first bb... that was years ago, wow! but i digress.... anyway hope that helps!

salscott no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuwt View Post
    My wife keeps getting this text message that says mobile oz mail ci=and alot of numbers. is this spam or has accidentally signed up for something? any help would be nice since she receives about 6 a day. Thanks
    OK, I found one of the communications that I got from OzMail.....AT&T and OzMail will point fingers at each other, but the email to tell AT&T about is:
    Refer to csp.cingular.net/....tent.jsp AT&T article #72299 title "unwanted Text messages/Managing messaging spam.
    The first time this happened to me, OzMail took care of it .....but apparently ATT wanted to get control over this. You may have to try several different customer reps, but eventually someone should know what you are talking about in the above reference.
    I know this looks like jibberish, give it a whirl. Good luck