I have a strange problem. A friend just gave me his new pin number, so ... BlackBerry Curve forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Strange Pin Problem ?

Advertisement

I have a strange problem.

A friend just gave me his new pin number, so I went into his address book entry (using my BB, not from my computer), removed the old number and replaced it with the new pin number. All OK so far.

Here's the problem: I press the menu button and choose "Compose Pin", then the blank message window opens with the cursor set at "TO:" as normal.

When I hit the "A" key to bring up my list of contacts since his name begins with A, instead of getting the list beginning with A, the very first entry in the list reads: PIN: A, then the list of names beginning with A appear below the first entry of PIN:A (which was never there before) How to I delete the entry PIN:A ?

If I decide to send a pin to someone whose name begins with G, I press the "G" key and get the normal list of my contacts beginning with "G". Just as it should be. No problem.

I'm using Outlook 2003 as my address book with my 8310 BB running OS 4.2.2, all was fine until I changed this one pin number. While I could just leave it there, as it causes no problem, It bugs me that I've got a problem that I haven't been able to solve.

I have searched the forum, googled it, deleted all my contacts from my BB, and reloaded them. Done a seperate search in Outlook on my computer as well as on my BB and no where can I find an entry entitled "PIN:A" Strange, very strange. What am I failing to do?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    archer

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Tried something else:
    Cleared the contacts out of my address book on the BB. Contacts now empty. Went to messages to send a pin and entered "S" in the "to:" field and of course an "S" appeared but nothing else happened as my address book was empty.

Then I repeated that same "attempt" to send a pin by entering "A" at the "to:" field and: "PIN:A" appeared.

I've done a battery pull everything I can think of except one.... take a hammer to it....lol!

Ideas anyone?