Tried putting in the new Yahoo messenger from the homepage on my Curve 8320. Like ... BlackBerry Curve forum

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Strange new error 523?

Advertisement

Tried putting in the new Yahoo messenger from the homepage on my Curve 8320. Like always, it asks if I want to replace the one that's in there (which there's no icon for) with the new Version 2. I click to download, and then get a white screen that just says "App Error 523" with the word "reset" highlighted underneath it. I also just tried doing the same thing with Google Messenger and had the same thing happen.

I have to keep replacing the updated messenger since every time I hook into the DM it downgrades it back to the first version (but still no icon showing). This is just the first time it's started with this new error message.

I have 4.2 and am using T-Mobile. Any ideas on how to get Yahoo messenger/Google back into my Curve?

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Strange new error 523?

Check this thread out, Links to Usefull BSTC Articles

I've got a link to BlackBerry's KB article on this error.

Rcbjr.
    Last edited by Rcbjr; 01-19-2008 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Corrected post with link,
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Strange new error 523?

Interesting.............
    I've just started getting : APP ERROR 523
    reset

When it does this, it is when an email freezes my phone. The only thing I've done since this started is install Empower Pro beta 3.0.64.7 and JIVETALK 1.04. Considering it happens in conjuction with a frozen email each time, I think it's related to the Empower Beta?