I just bought my first Blackberry a few days ago and I'm still learning the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

feetonice no está en línea Stack level 1

Strange issue with PPT

Advertisement

I just bought my first Blackberry a few days ago and I'm still learning the ins and outs of the OS. Anyway, while I was fiddling with the phone I clicked on the PTT feature, and I made an account. I thought nothing of it but the PTT icon now shows up under my ATT logo (on the top) and for the life of me I cannot get rid of the icon. I tired disabling the PTT and I have also hid the icon from the main menu. PTT is not a feature that I'll be using so I find it a bit annoying that the icon is still under the ATT logo. Does anyone know how I can rid myself of this annoying logo?

funrldirect no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2435cfd2
    I have the same issue. If anyone knows how to get rid of this stupid blue dot I would be so happy. Can I just uninstall PTT completely? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

feetonice no está en línea Stack level 1
    Actually, there is a thread that shows you how to do so but I was wondering if there was a way I can do so without connecting my BB to my computer.

AC INKA no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2447B685
    This must be the thread your were talking about feetonice.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._and_t_os.html

Aside from following those steps, i was once able to remove the blue dot icon after doing a hand held wipe on one of the BB's i was selling. After doing the wipe i just hid the PTT icon from the applications list. I know you're trying to avoid connecting your 8310 to the computer but in all honesty, after searching the threads, i think this step is unavoidable. Hope this helps some. and Welcome to the stacks!