Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a problem. I bought a BB over craigslist and it happen to be ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Katmew no está en línea Stack level 1

Stolen

Advertisement

I have a problem. I bought a BB over craigslist and it happen to be stolen. My luck. I went to go activate it and they told me it was stolen gave me an accusing look >_> How embarrassing.
    So now I was wondering if I can go to my Verizon dealer guy and ask him if I can get the contact number of the person who got their phone stolen so I can give it back to them and maybe.... just MAYBE have them un-blacklist it if he/she is feeling generous enough to give me the phone if they got a better one..
    CAN they unblacklist phones if whoever got their phone back after they blacklist it?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Not sure what they would do but if you could get it back to the owner and prove you got it off of craigslist. maybe the person it was stolen from or even the carrier would do the right thing and get you set up with the same phone or one you wanted for free as a reward or maybe at a deep discount.

The only problem is I tried to look for the post of the BB on craigslist I bought it off of, but the bad thing about craigslist is that you can delete the post. And my boyfriend who made the deal with the guy didn't send email, he only called. So I have the number of the guy who stole the phone, that is my only proof, and a witness, my boyfriend of the guy who sold it to me.

jjdm858 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Cheers!
    oh dear..your word against his...
    may this serves as a lesson to everybody..before giving them the money..better check the pin # of the phone make sure that they really own it and not stolen...it's a unique # on every bb..
    good luck..hope it works out..
    The superior man is distressed by his want of ability.
    Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)
    Chinese philosopher, administrator, and moralist.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    you should check the PINs on pinstack to see if it belongs to a registered user
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**

How do i check the pin? Sorry, I'm new to this ><!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Katmew View Post
    The only problem is I tried to look for the post of the BB on craigslist I bought it off of, but the bad thing about craigslist is that you can delete the post. And my boyfriend who made the deal with the guy didn't send email, he only called. So I have the number of the guy who stole the phone, that is my only proof, and a witness, my boyfriend of the guy who sold it to me.
    Do you not have a money order reciept or credit card transaction for the purchase or maybe even the shipping info?

On craigslist, the transactions are usually cash and there isn't a receipt. So no, I have no proof of purchase, but I'm hoping on trying to gain his/her trust by telling them I have the phone. I mean, why would a theif try to give back a phone, he/she would just try to sell it right? ? I have morals ><!

EDIT: Oh and also, no one on Pinstack is registered under the PIN
    EDIT2: Is there anyway I can contact the real previous owner?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I wasn't sure I have never dealt with craigslist but I am sure if you can find a way to contact the actual owner and show them that this was nothing you did and was someone else's dishonesty then they will help you get what it is you thought you were getting.

kbass808haole no está en línea Stack level 1
    hmm most times you can take it in to the service provider eg. Verizon or t-mobil and they can mail the phone back to the owner. most times you cant use it because it goes on a (lost or stolen) alert so when the person does bring it in it gets taken back....

The guy on craiglist, the guy I bought it from, he answers his phone and makes excuses, trying to avoid me so in my opinion I think he stole the phone. So I lost the money I bought the phone with. Plus the guy told me to meet him at a corner of a housing area and he came with his friend. Not to be stereotypical or racist, but it was a black guy wearing a large jersey with another large black guy that came out to meet me and my boyfriend. So I'm too scared to accuse him of anything, plus the police wont do anything except take the phone probably. I just want to contact the owner somehow. I'll probably just take to to my service provider and see what I can do. Sigh.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Katmew View Post
    The guy on craiglist, the guy I bought it from, he answers his phone and makes excuses, trying to avoid me so in my opinion I think he stole the phone. So I lost the money I bought the phone with. Plus the guy told me to meet him at a corner of a housing area and he came with his friend. Not to be stereotypical or racist, but it was a black guy wearing a large jersey with another large black guy that came out to meet me and my boyfriend. So I'm too scared to accuse him of anything, plus the police wont do anything except take the phone probably. I just want to contact the owner somehow. I'll probably just take to to my service provider and see what I can do. Sigh.
    As long as you are up front and honest that is probably the best thing to do and hopefully the owner or you service provider will be good enough to understand and help you get what u wanted in the first place and reward you for your honesty.

OH, and I forgot something vital. There is an email left on the BB. Should I contact them by email? I'm just afraid of them accusing me.. D: Should I do it? What would you guys do if you lost a BB and all of a sudden someone emailed you saying that they found it? Would you believe them?

EDIT: Oh yay! My boyfriend found a saved tab of the post on craigslist and took a screen shot of it because it was deleted by the original poster. I have the picture, what do I do with it now?
    Last edited by Katmew; 10-07-2008 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Picture

corlissak no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D9084
    i absolutely will NEVER try to buy anything on craigslist again! i too, was scammed out of $200 by someone on cl. its a bunch of bs! thought i was the only one...
    ~Strong Believer in Karma~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    All I know it sucks. Sorry that happened to you. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast