Are you guys still having issues with the 8900's battery life? My battery will fall ... BlackBerry Curve forum

soccer6_10 no está en línea Stack level 2

Still Battery Issues!

Advertisement

Are you guys still having issues with the 8900's battery life?

My battery will fall like 20% per day with zero to very minimal use. I will have to manually pull the battery and put it back in, and then it seems to fall much slower. This is super ridiculous and I've had like 3 phones sent to me already.

Is there anything I can do?
    Will a new software upgrade fix this?

Thanks

BTW- WiFi and Bluethooth are both off. And typical use is like two -1 min phone calls and like 2 text's per day.

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Any regular updating apps?like viigo,weather,gps location apps,and you've checked for running apps?By pressing alt and the back button,then let up on the back button while continuing to hold down the alt button.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Oh and when you got your replacement bb's,did you get a new battery also?It maybe a defective battery.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Have you checked for memory drain? And what OS are you running?

CoDrift.org no está en línea Stack level 2
    No problems here I got my 8900 on Thursday. Put OS 206 on, a new theme, deleated all the crap put on some crap. I've actually been trying to kill my battery since Thursday the only time it has charged when I was doing all the crap I stated before.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't think a 20% drop per day is bad. If the phone is on then it is constantly checking in with the network.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    Do you have google maps running in the background that app eats batterry..

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Are you in an area that the signal is weak?
    What apps are you running in the bg?
    Are you keeping the device in your pocket? Is the keyboard locked if so?

If you're in an area where the signal is weak, your device will be trying over and over to get the signal. Will cause some drain.

Depending on the apps running, if they are trying to dl data they are taking a bit of juice to do so. Again, if you're in a weak signal area then they as well are constantly trying to dl.

If you're keeping the berry in your pocket, then any pressure on the keyboard will cause the backlight to come on, even if the keyboard is locked.

Lastly some of the newer OS builds are better with battery life. On an older build 20% loss isn't that big a deal, but from the sound of it, its the combination of one or two of the things I mentioned.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    1. The OS by itself doesn't drain the battery. Radios (esp GPS) drain the battery.
    2. 20% reduction in battery (ie 100%--80%) in one day is normal with minimal use. That's what I get if all I do is check emails/delete messages and send a few txts.
    3. When people say their battery life gets way better after they install a new OS that's bacause the new OS resets the unit and shuts off whatever radio was running and draining the battery. Doing a battery pull will sometimes do the same thing. Some apps will keep running even if you back out or their menus using the back key (Viigo for instance). You gotta close them out using the BB/menu key.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    just to add to what thebignewt said, when you install a newer OS, its possible, but not always true, that the OS itself will have better memory management features built into it. for example, it may make the radios function with more efficiency, the processor more efficiently, causing the battery consumption to go down...

the more processing your phone has to do, the more battery it will use... the more efficient an OS becomes, the processing requirements get reduced and therefore save you battery life...
    i see RED...