So, I get rid of my 8830 WE, and get the 8330 Curve, mainly because ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Bbfreaks no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A33CB7

Sticky Icky Icky, Trackball

Advertisement

So, I get rid of my 8830 WE, and get the 8330 Curve, mainly because every 8830 I had the TrackBall would either fall out or stop working after a week or two out of the box.

Now, with this Curve, I have a "sticky" track ball. Meaning it's not as smooth as the 8830. It feels rough. I guess is a good way to explain it. So rough to the pint where when I highlight what I want to click, it moves to the next line, or selection, very annoying at times. Is there a fix for this, it almost feels like it needs some WD40 or something...

Anybody else have this issue, any way to resolve it?

Instantz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried taking the trackball out and cleaning it?
    -MOTO*DROID- *Verizon Wireless*

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Is this a new or used device? Could be if it's new that it just needs breaking in.

Whatever you do, do NOT use WD40 on it!

Maybe put a little rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab. Make sure the swab isn't soaked, just damp. Clean up the trackball a little with that and see if that doesn't help, but it kind of sounds like it just needs to be broken in a bit, then it'll feel like the one on your 8830.

Yeah, when I got my 8330 new it was a little hard to move the track ball around, but once you get to using it a little bit and breaking it in it will move fine, the only thing you will have to do is just clean it here and there.

Bbfreaks no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A33CB7
    The WD40 Comment was just that, a comment.. I am not that stupid, I am stupid but... pfft...

The 8830 Worked fine out of the box, just didn't last long.

I', going to go ahead and clean it, and wait a little bit until it's broken in. Thanks for the info guys..

Your welcome. I use a holster and I also put my 8330 in my pocket, but I have been doing it for awhile and it has been about 3-4 months since I last cleaned the tracks ball. Like since I last did that I haven't had any problems.

Like when I first got mine I believe I had the same problem with it sticking so it wouldn't exactly roll up or a certain direction.

pigigi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2 things...
    1) Lay off the peanut butter while berrying
    2) Put a tiny bit of isopropyl alcohol on your thumb then work the hell out of your ball. If that doesn't work, cnn.cn for a new ball.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by pigigi View Post
    2 things...
    1) Lay off the peanut butter while berrying
    2) Put a tiny bit of isopropyl alcohol on your thumb then work the hell out of your ball. If that doesn't work, cnn.cn for a new ball.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Lmao, I like number 1.
    That is so hilarious!