I know this is probably the dumbest question ever posted on this board...but it's an ... BlackBerry Curve forum

geekygURL no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Stereo headset question

Advertisement

I know this is probably the dumbest question ever posted on this board...but it's an honest one!

The 8330 came with a stereo headset...but no instructions for it. What is the purpose of this headset? Is it just to listen to music if you have music on your Blackberry? (I don't use it for that reason, as I have an iPod.) Or can you also use it while speaking on the phone? If so, what is the silver button for on the headset wire? I tried using it during a phone call but it did nothing (I was sort of hoping it would let me answer the phone or hang up the phone without actually touching the phone.)

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yes, you should be able to answer and end calls with that silver button. Make sure it is plugged in all the way. Mine works on my 8330.

Check the connection, if it's plugged in properly and still doesn't work, they might be defective. If the BB is still pretty new, try bringing them to your local carrier store and see if they will swap them out for you or have new one's sent.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

liltone08618 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks thats a new 1 for me

davidbecker303 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I use the headset only in the car as my hands-free phone hookup; works fine. Was worried about blocking out other sounds (with previous phones I always used a 1-ear unit) but that turned out not to be a problem.

oconnke1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Where I live it's illegal to have a headset in both ears when you are driving.

California Vehicle Code. Division 12, Chapter 5, Article 3.5, Section 27400. A person operating a motor vehicle or bicycle may not wear a headset covering, or earplugs in, both ears.
    Keith