Can I use a pair of Bluetooth stereo headphones with the Curve? If it does, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

Post Stereo Bluetooth on the Curve?

Advertisement

Can I use a pair of Bluetooth stereo headphones with the Curve? If it does, would these headphones be a good choice? http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Bluet.../dp/B000BBE9C8
    Last edited by reddog187; 12-11-2007 at 01:56 AM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Stereo Bluetooth on the Curve?

it should work, the curve should be compatible since is has A2DP. It really all depends on what you're looking for in head phones. Do some research...logitech and planatronics have some nice ones too.

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Yes, they work, I've only tried in-ear ones though (s9's) and I returned them in less than 24 hours. I stuck with the OEM headset, the wire doesn't bother me too much while in the gym, and the sound is FAR superior.

DanXP no está en línea Stack level 2

i've tried the following stereo bluetooth headsets...

kyocera (not sure of model name)...
    - sound is very good as is all functionality incl voice dialing and avrcp
    - cannot be worn in public as they make you look ridiculous

sonorix c3 (the one i'm currently using and keeping)
    - sound is also very good
    - allows use of your own headphones
    - avrcp works well
    - microphone is weak when on calls
    - looks really cool
    - uses same charger as blackberry
    - bought at amazon

good luck!

DanXP no está en línea Stack level 2

all curves support stereo bluetooth (a2dp)...

your article simply indicated that the pearl would be getting it with os 4.3.1... i take it caspan doesn't own a stereo bluetooth unit with his curve... you should try it, it's amazingly convenient!!

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Alltel 8800 (not sure of the exact version number) has the stereo already as I saw the rep demoing it with the s9 headset and it worked phenominal, and with the dollar5 media player or a few hacks, the 8100 can also do it as I used mine with a stereo headset when working in the yard (the native player doesn't support it though).

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Not fully sure on that. I heard it and it sounded good, but wasn't aware of the track that was playing but wasn't sure if true stereo seperation was occurring or just mono repeated (rep said it was stereo but he may not have known also, but he said it was just released in an upgrade and didn't have it before, this was back in September). I know that my 8100 had true stereo, but it wasn't native out of the box, as I had to use Dollar5 to get it to work.

Picasosz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B2E96

I Had the S9's they went straight back to best buy I got the SonyEricsson HBHDS980's Totally Rock if you like canal phones
    Forget About the holes!!! Eat your donuts and forget about the holes.

scrybe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I bought the Motorola S9s a few weeks ago and am extremely pleased with the sound quality and the size of the headphones. I haven't tried other bluetooth headphones, admittedly, but the sound is fine -- clear, good separation. Perhaps just a little light in the bass.

Before the bluetooth, I used a pair of Seinhaueser earbuds and then the Blackberry OEM earphones, simply because of the longer cord and the ability to answer phone calls. I've been happy with those, too (and pleasantly surprised, given that most 'stock' earphones are crap).

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
    I bought the Motorola S9s a few weeks ago and am extremely pleased with the sound quality and the size of the headphones. I haven't tried other bluetooth headphones, admittedly, but the sound is fine -- clear, good separation. Perhaps just a little light in the bass.

Before the bluetooth, I used a pair of Seinhaueser earbuds and then the Blackberry OEM earphones, simply because of the longer cord and the ability to answer phone calls. I've been happy with those, too (and pleasantly surprised, given that most 'stock' earphones are crap).
    I love Sennheiser headphones. I have a pair of HD280 Pro headphones, but the cord is long and heavy but the audio quality is excellent. I can't expect a pair of Bluetooth headphones to perform the same, but I am looking for headphones that cover the ear (circum-aural), are comfortable, and have halfway-decent sound quality.