Just found a download for the StarHub (Singapore company) version of 4.2.2.114 for the Curve ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

StarHub OS 4.2.2.114 - will it work w/T-Mobile?

Advertisement

Just found a download for the StarHub (Singapore company) version of 4.2.2.114 for the Curve (on RIM). Appears to be a multi-language version, so I'm guessing English is in there...?

Anyway - curious if anyone else has tried it on an unlocked Curve, and if it plays nicely with T-Mobile (US), allowing you to receive all the T-Mobile service books for email, browser and t-zones browser?

Would be really nice to find something a bit more stable than the O2 version - I love having all the T-Mobile service books, but I really miss being able to create folders.

Am I allowed to post the link to the BB download page here? Hopefully, yes:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...9035BC566CE2B9

I haven't tried this yet myself - sorta dreading the time involved to experiment - and possibly have to revert back to where I am right now (which works, with the O2 version - except for the folder limitation).

Anyone game?

EDIT: found the link for the Singapore Telecom version as well:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...3314DF2B3CB9CE
    Last edited by vinmontRD; 07-28-2007 at 06:11 PM.

Matthew_L84 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: StarHub OS 4.2.2.114 - will it work w/T-Mobile?

i'd like to find this out as well. so not being able to create folders/ does this mean I can't have individual folders for pictures/music/etc?

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

does the browser on the 8300 work on tmobile???

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

no browser with tmo on the star hub os..... loading the O2 back on mine...
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by toymachinejg
    does the browser on the 8300 work on tmobile???
    What we've seen so far is that if you load the O2 (Australian) 4.2.2.67 version of the OS on the Curve, you can get T-Mobile to send you proper service books, and you wind up with proper support of email as well as both T-Mobile browsers (Internet and T-Zones -- first set up as "normal" html browser and second as a WAP browser). You still may have to set your APN for T-Mobile (wap.voicestream.com, with blank username and password), but in the end, the O2 version works with T-Mobile. The only downside so far is that this version is a bit unstable with respect to icon folders that you define - they "disappear" (actually still exist, but become invisible and inaccessible) after a few hours. As long as you stay away from defining folders, the O2 version is the way to go with T-Mobile for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    no browser with tmo on the star hub os..... loading the O2 back on mine...
    Melissa - only thing I might have suggested (and maybe I'll do it if I can see my way clear to setting aside a few hours for this) would have been one of the last tricks I wound up doing: deleting the email accounts on the T-Mobile BIS page, re-adding them, and then sending service books -- that was what seemed to finally get all the proper service books sent to my Curve, when simply sending the service books prior to that didn't do it.

Pity we have to do this by trial and error.

Also a bit frustrating, because T-Mobile really doesn't want to have to deal with this issue. When I called originally and spoke with someone in customer care to set up my BIS, they were great. But when I asked to be switched to Blackberry Support, the person I spoke with put me on hold, and came back to tell me that her manager said that they are "legally not allowed" to help me, since Cingular has an exclusive on the phone in this market for now. The Blackberry support person went so far as to try to talk me into dropping the BIS plan on the spot - but I said that I had to think things through and would call Customer Care back. Happily, I didn't have to call T-Mobile back to get this working! But it would be nice if they could actually support the device...

Only other thing I was thinking was that it would be nice to actually know why it is that with some OS versions a carrier will send different service books. Seems like there must be an interaction between the device, with the loaded OS, and the carrier's provisioning server that determines this. Wondering if we'd could find the different in one of the ALX files - seems that this is where all the vendor ID references are stored, and flags effectively set to determine what you, as the customer, will wind up seeing on your device. I wouldn't be surprised if some surgery on one or more ALX files would let us use a more recent version of the OS. Just a *lot* of code to look through without benefit of some hints or documentation.