Hi, all. my 5 month old 8900 started messing around about 2 weeks ago. First, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

hiroprotagon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250B0CF9

Question Standby mode horrors

Advertisement

Hi, all. my 5 month old 8900 started messing around about 2 weeks ago. First, it suddenly blanked out completely, yet text messages and calls were coming through, even though i couldnt answer, or see the caller. After doing a battery pull, it boots up with the blackberry progress bar, then a few seconds later, the screen blanks again. Having wiped and reloded the handheld software using desktop manager, i still faced the same problem.
    I live in Ghana, where tech support from RIM is non-existent, and so i had to carry out my own brand of problem solving. I took apart my Curve and cleaned it using alchohol based cleaning fluid for electronics. After reassembling the Curve, it worked just fine for 2 days, and went back to the same problems, only this time it occasionally would light up when i press the power button with a box saying "entering standby mode. Press mute button to exit standby mode" or something like that. Now, the mute, lock and volume buttons do not work and i am stuck with a very erratic device. Any advice, please?

kparker8900 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    A little late on a response, but if buttons are mixing up actions on the phone it usually means the phone has gotten wet. The best thing to do in this case is take it apart and let it dry out over night in a cool dry place. I am sure by now you have resolved the issue, but just for future knowledge. If the device is still broken it obviously wasn't from getting wet and a more serious hardware issue might be the culprit. Goodluck to you