Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

We are paying customer and we deserve to get the good stuff , exchange it. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Squeaky Rubber

Advertisement

We are paying customer and we deserve to get the good stuff , exchange it. I'm actually on my 4th 8320 and I blieve this is the one

awesomeguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    We are paying customer and we deserve to get the good stuff , exchange it. I'm actually on my 4th 8320 and I blieve this is the one
    What were the problems with the other 3 phones?

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Blukrystlz
    Also my keyboard is weird too, when i press one letter he whole keyboard kind of moves.
    I think that is standard across the line. Mine is the same.

spnshbttrfly no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241F2DOA

I noticed mine(gold) started doing that too 4-5 days into my return period so pls believe I took it in and swapped it. My second Curve is perfectly fine. I figured...as rediculous of a reason as it may sound for an exchange..I DID pay almost $400 for that sucker, so if I can exchange it and find one closer to perfection, by all means..do it!

(but of course...I did drop it on my driveway last week and scraped a corner so *sighs* so much for perfection)

~Miriam

So I decided to return the phone for a new one and I'm glad I did. No more squeaky or loose side. I know it was such a small thing but the phone just feels alot better now that everything is firm. So far the new phone is working perfect, hopefully it stays that way.

The keyboard thing that everyone has been talking about, I looked at it with my first curve and with the new one. Both were firm but had a tiny, tiny, tiny bit of movement with the surrounding keys when I pressed a key. Also if I place my thumb flat on the keyboard and move it from side to side all the keys move alittle. I figure that both is normal since all the keys are connected under the face of the phone, am I correct on this?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeguy
    So I decided to return the phone for a new one and I'm glad I did. No more squeaky or loose side. I know it was such a small thing but the phone just feels alot better now that everything is firm. So far the new phone is working perfect, hopefully it stays that way.

The keyboard thing that everyone has been talking about, I looked at it with my first curve and with the new one. Both were firm but had a tiny, tiny, tiny bit of movement with the surrounding keys when I pressed a key. Also if I place my thumb flat on the keyboard and move it from side to side all the keys move alittle. I figure that both is normal since all the keys are connected under the face of the phone, am I correct on this?
    Glad you are good with the phone now. It just doesn't seem right to have to deal and or settle for a phone that seems off a bit. As far as the keypad goes, i believe you are correct and the keypad is connected under the housing.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

What were the problems with the other 3 phones?
    First one, problems with wifi and uma. Second just wanted the gold one for it, third my bro got a titanium one but he wanted my gold one so we swap lol

me=happy

PIN/ID

I wonder how you guys jump to new phones, I would think 10 times before doing so esp on the BB platform where you have to get new reg keys for all the apps I have installed, which is a pain.

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry8800
    I wonder how you guys jump to new phones, I would think 10 times before doing so esp on the BB platform where you have to get new reg keys for all the apps I have installed, which is a pain.
    I so agree with you...that's why i was saying i dont wanna have to go through that hassle a 3rd time. It is a major pain, i think they be thinking im lying or something..lol
    ~Blu~

Blukrystlz@pinstack.com

Sky Zero no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C349C

Quick question, did you take it back to the store or did you call it in to T-Mo? I'm experiencing something similar to the right side of my BB and its not a big deal but it is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Zero
    Quick question, did you take it back to the store or did you call it in to T-Mo? I'm experiencing something similar to the right side of my BB and its not a big deal but it is annoying.
    I took it back to the store since I was still within my 14 day exchange period. They were really helpful and switched me out quickly.

JPREP no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm 25 days into having my phone, and I posted elsewhere that not only is the side annoyingly squeaky, but the rubber is now peeling away on the top. Has anyone had any luck with replacing the device after the 14 day period for poor manufacturing? I am looking to call them today, but just wanted to get a heads up. I paid full retail, and my phone should not be falling apart like this after only 25 days of use.

Quote Originally Posted by JPREP
    I'm 25 days into having my phone, and I posted elsewhere that not only is the side annoyingly squeaky, but the rubber is now peeling away on the top. Has anyone had any luck with replacing the device after the 14 day period for poor manufacturing? I am looking to call them today, but just wanted to get a heads up. I paid full retail, and my phone should not be falling apart like this after only 25 days of use.
    What state are you in? CA gets 30 days everywhere else 14. You do have the 1 year manufacteror warranty though, so since it would be a manufacteror defect ( i asume you do not torture your phone) they should be able to replace it for you. Since it is still a rather new phone you have less chance of getting a refurb.

Sky Zero no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C349C

I took it back to the store since I was still within my 14 day exchange period. They were really helpful and switched me out quickly.
    Crap, didn't know it was only a 14 day exchange period. I'll call in and see what they say.
    If anything, my wifey offered to trade with me because she didn't seem to think it was a big deal. If we just switched phones, what steps are there to do? I have the data plan and my e-mail set up. Is it a simple case of just switching SIMs or am I going to have to call it in to T-Mo and get it straightened up with them?

EDIT: Forgot that CA has a 30-day return/exchange law. Thanks for reminding me Eddie!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Zero
    Crap, didn't know it was only a 14 day exchange period. I'll call in and see what they say.
    If anything, my wifey offered to trade with me because she didn't seem to think it was a big deal. If we just switched phones, what steps are there to do? I have the data plan and my e-mail set up. Is it a simple case of just switching SIMs or am I going to have to call it in to T-Mo and get it straightened up with them?

EDIT: Forgot that CA has a 30-day return/exchange law. Thanks for reminding me Eddie!
    No problem. Either way you go , if you switch with your wife or get a new device, you will need to update your pin code and imei on your carriers website. Just log into the site and go to the email portion. there should be a change device option. just add in the pin and imei, resend service books, possibly register on the host routing table and you should be good to go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast