Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So I just bought the Curve 8320 on Friday to replace my Pearl. I love ... BlackBerry Curve forum

awesomeguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Squeaky Rubber

Advertisement

So I just bought the Curve 8320 on Friday to replace my Pearl. I love the phone so far but on the rubber side between the volume keys and the camera key there is alittle play in the rubber that gives me a nice squeaky, creaky sound. Now I suppose its not that big of a deal but I would rather it not do that. I've tried to just deal with it but I don't think I can. I've read some other complaints about similar things happening with their Blackberries.

So my question is for those of you that have had this problem, what did you do to fix it? Is there anyway to tighten the rubber? Or is the only way to fix the problem is to return the phone for a new one and was there any trouble with the store to exchange the phone for a new one?

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

Re: Squeaky Rubber

This is my 2nd Curve and i have the same problem, i'm trying to deal with it as well.
    Didnt want to call CS and complain for such a small thing. But it is quite annoying.
    Also my keyboard is weird too, when i press one letter he whole keyboard kind of moves.
    I think i might be calling and complaining.
    ~Blu~

Blukrystlz@pinstack.com

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i would just go get a replacement... I have yet to encounter anything like that with any of the 6 BB's I've ever had.

I'm sorry your having problems. Good luck

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Blukrystlz
    Also my keyboard is weird too, when i press one letter he whole keyboard kind of moves.
    Mine is doing the same thing I thought it just might be normal.

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

Quote Originally Posted by jhaebre
    Mine is doing the same thing I thought it just might be normal.
    i thought i was the only one. i hate that. i press the letter "S" and the whole left side moves.
    UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think im gonna call them and ask about it.
    ~Blu~

Blukrystlz@pinstack.com

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

different ones you will receive will have more-or-less the issue with the side between the camera and volume having a lil give to it. I have a sneaking feeling you have the titanium one, am I right? I bought the titanium for myself and I got the gold for momdukes and it turned out her gold one had zero play on the right side and it lined up perfectly.

As to the keys, all have a bit of give, but how much of it really depends on luck-of-the-draw. if you take apart your phone (or watch a instructional video) you will see it is all 1 keypad that is divided by plastic top key cover. All I can suggest is if it has too much wobble/give (for either the side issue or the keyboard) trade it in, but be warned, you might end up with something else wrong and I don't know how many times phone companies let you trade it in within a years time for replacement.

I'm not willing to get the gold so I've just come to bare with it.

awesomeguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Your right, I do have the titanium one. I just can't see myself owning a gold phone. Even though it didn't look so bad in person, I just can't do it. I've been going back and forth on this all day. Part of me thinks that if I buy something everything should be right with it no matter how small it may seem but then another part of me feels like this is such a small issue that I shouldn't make a fuss over it and just deal with it.

I'm now worried that if I do exchange it, the rubber problem gets fixed but I might be left with bigger problems. I've been reading about people being on their 2nd or 3rd phones. I'm not sure if this is because they went out and bought it the day it came out or what. My Curve runs great so far and I haven't had any problems other then the noise on the side.

ms-cici no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21178dc4

mines is doing it too =/

ms-cici no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21178dc4

Quote Originally Posted by Blukrystlz
    i thought i was the only one. i hate that. i press the letter "S" and the whole left side moves.
    UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think im gonna call them and ask about it.
    i pressed my S and its doing the same i didnt notice that

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my s doesn't seem to do that... Maybe its just me, but I don't see it

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by jkai2188
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my s doesn't seem to do that... Maybe its just me, but I don't see it
    Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    As to the keys, all have a bit of give, but how much of it really depends on luck-of-the-draw.
    ^^word.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

I had the same squeak on my Curve but after I put my Seidio case on it I never hear another peep out of it.

DeadHero no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

No problems on my side either with the keys or the rubber.... Guess I was one of the "lucky" ones.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

I got the lOose right side as well...

But I also got the seidio case and so it doesn't bother me much...

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my phones have to be perfect so if there is a problem with them I'm going to exchange especially if I'm in my return period. That would be my recommendation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast