Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So I took my Curve into a Sprint store the other day because the charging ... BlackBerry Curve forum

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2

Question Sprint Curve 8330 Qualcomm Chip?

Advertisement

So I took my Curve into a Sprint store the other day because the charging port is loose and i have to move the cable around for it to start charging(no I don't talk on it while it's plugged in). So they said they couldn't swap it out because they do not have any Curves. The are on back order because of the qualcomm chip that is inside is being replaced because of a infringement issue with qualcomm???? So I have to wait for the new Curves with a different chipset to be stocked. Did I miss this somewhere? They are not selling any BB's that have the qualcomm chip in them anymore.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    News to me popo!
    But I will check on that.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you look at the www.sprint.com site, you will also notice that there are no sprint Curve's in stock

I think the whole qualcomm thing is BS....what I heard is that they are taking all the curve's and upgrading them to 4.5, then they will be back in stock

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Amazon, letstalk and TMo show it in stock.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

sprint just updated to 4.5......so they are diff from other carriers

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Wonder what they mean about the chip....alltel and verizon 8330s use the qualcom chip as well, and they still are selling theirs.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

its probably just a made up excuse.....

the most probable reason why sprint shows OOS is due to the 4.5 upgrade

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    No because I do know the people at the store very well and they don't BS me. Like legit info they pass on to me so I trust them. He even said they had to pull all of their remaining Curves. Also they usually have refurbished Curves and they had to be pulled also. So this is legit maybe the word hasn't been pushed to the masses yet or it isn't that big of a deal??

sorry to say...but if the qualcomm chip was the problem, the verizon curve's would also be affected since they have the same chip....your store is BS'ing you

all the curve's have been pulled so they can upgrade all of them to 4.5

Called up order support to confirm it

PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Well I guess we shall have to see if they have the 3G Qual comm logo on the back when I get mine replaced.

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah I can't see it being a Qualcomm issue, as just like eyecon82 said.. Verizon among a few others would have had to pull the phone off their sites as well.

It's most likely their way of reflashing the stock with the latest 4.5 handheld operating system although it would of had made more sense to still show the phone as an option but just to label it as out of stock as they normally do for their other phones.

Also there has been talk of U.S Cellular releasing a 8830m which now uses the MEID number instead of the ESN... what if Sprint is taking this route as well?

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    p.s - refurbished curves imo have always been hard to come by... everyone i know who has had to exchange their blackberry curve at a store had problems with it always being out of stock.

pigigi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Sounds like a sales rep trying to sound like he's got the scoop. I really doubt there's something wrong with the chip. I'm sure your new one will say Qualcomm 3G on it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    The Curve is back on sprint's website. I just looked.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

Knight108 no está en línea Stack level 1

really?

You know replacing the OS and PULLING stock to do is makes less sense then a the qualcom deal. I've heard from director level within sprint, its a chipset update. I have not heard the reason for it however the copyright makes sense. Sprint can't afford it. Verizon can and since they bought out alltel they can as well.
    Why would you stop selling your best seller just to update the phones OS? Not to mention the stores can update the software themselves at the time of purchase so why pull them out of the stores?

The SKU has been updated on sprints site which indicates a hardware change not a software one although they are including the 4.5 OS at the same time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast