I just went from a Sprint BB 8830 to the Sprint BB Curve 8330 and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tjmontan no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Sprint Curve 8330 problems

Advertisement

I just went from a Sprint BB 8830 to the Sprint BB Curve 8330 and have noticed 2 problems.. First, the battery life is not as good ( according to review it is supposed to be better) and second I am not able to stay on 1xev nearly as often causing more dropped calls than on the 8830. (seems to be roaming all the time).. Is any one else having this problem and if so is there a fix?

paulg1981 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't have a 8330 but I have experience with sprint phones! The battery life will most likely increase after a few days of use. Discharging the battery til the nubbins a few times and then recharging it all the way will help. As for the 1xev problem, in mobile network try selecting Home Only. I have crappy reception at my house and if i leave it on auto it doesn't stay on ev much at all.

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    i cant voice for sprint but verizon is evdo in the same aspect and i have never roamed in new jersey are any neighboring states.
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

nyc boy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31017fd9
    i have verizon and i bought a new 8330 the other day.i love it but i do notice the battery does not last long.i live in nj also.no roaming here

PIN/ID
    Stack
    you have to remember though. when you get a new device you tend to play with it a lot testing it out and seeing new features. so at first your going to burn the battery faster then in a few months from now.

curvemomma no está en línea Stack level 1
    Mine did that and it got resolved in about a week for both issues.

s1er no está en línea Stack level 1
    ditto on curvemomma's and paulg1981's posts

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have found that over time my battery life has improved. Being at home is a different story. I have terrible signal in my house so the BB is always looking for signal, thus burning through my battery quicker. I have Verizon, and they have a #228 function to reconfigure roaming, to assure you are using the correct tower. Don't know if Sprint has a similar option. Good luck!
    Andy

NewYorkChic no está en línea Stack level 2
    so far i havent charge my fone for 2 days now and my battery is at 30 percent..i've chat on aim stayed on long fone calls and used the gps...and battery is still good

PIN/ID
    Stack
    yea overall i think the batt life is good you just have know moderation

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Anyone else experiencing problems with the bluetooth showing as disabled and the only way to restore it is by pulling the battery?

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    regarding the roaming, i just recently read/learned about the PRL(Preferred Roaming List). you might want to check if you're up-to-date.
    do some research on it first though.

battery wise, i also have to agree with previous posts. i was running out of juice in one day when i first got it. now it lasts me about 2 days (not turning it off at night) easily.

bluescorpion72 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i had the battery issue on both the 8830 and my new ( i totally love this phone )8330. but as it was said earlier it will get better as long as you remeber to totally drain the battery for awhile. that will help the battery remember that it has a longer life. some folks are always putting thir phone on the charger and messes up the batts memory. and once you notice that it is improving dont forget to drain it at every couple of weeks and it will be good. mine is giving me about a day and a half and i have had it about a month now. good luck to ya