So I got a call from Sprint because I sent an email to dan@sprint.com about ... BlackBerry Curve forum

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2

Sprint Curve 8330 MMS

Advertisement

So I got a call from Sprint because I sent an email to dan@sprint.com about the Curve being out of stock. I asked about MMS and he said that it should be enabled now. Ok before everyone says search I am sure someone has an answer and this is an ongoing topic also.

deebrown no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B8E18A
    Does this also include the blackberry pearl for sprint?

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    No it doesn't include the Pearl and MMS doesn't work on Sprint 8330 so they must be expecting it.

deebrown no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B8E18A
    I hope they get it soon, I want to upgrade to the curve.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I know that Sprint is working on an application to enable picture mail on the Windows Mobile phones, but it most likely is going to use their current "Picture Mail" setup. I'm sure this is being developed as well for the Blackberry phones, but I don't expect anything more than a text message being received on your phone that links you to pictures.sprintpcs.com.

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    windows mobile already has a program to allow them to do MMS. it's called sMMS.

i've learned that info from one rep could be completely opposite from another. so i'd call several reps and ask. (ie- one rep told me sprint was pre bill. another told me it was post pay. it's post pay. almost paid an extra $125)

confidential103 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up MMS for Sprint Curve

I just spoke to a rep at sprint who handles Picture Mail, SMS, MMS etc., and she called a supervisor to find out IF Sprint will add a MMS Service Record. She came back on the line and said that she can not quote an exact time frame, but "in the very near future, we are adding it". She said "very near future could be 2 months, could be 6 months, I am not certain, but we (sprint) are adding it". WOO HOO! Hope it doesn't take forever. It will TRULY then be "Simply Everything".

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    they have been saying that for some time.. i was an employee there till this past nov.. mms has been in the talks forever.. now rim wants the mms as well because of the popularity of not having to send as a damn pic email.. but then again it is still a pic mail from the phone because u use the ending of...
    @ carrier.net/com and so on.. so the mms will bring a higher sell value to RIM but all and all it will only alleviate the sendin the pic as an email.. i know we all knew that i just like to state the obvious... sheesh..
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm a bit confused with Sprint's picture mail. I used to have an 8320 from TMO and MMS as we all know, was provided. Now that I am with Sprint, and if I use the (phone#@carrier.com) to send a picture message to, they receive it as a SMS text with embedded hyperlink.

However, if the person I am sending this picture to does NOT have a data plan, won't they be charged to pickup any pictures I send to them from their carrier?

And if I have this all wrong, someone please explain..

kiz88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30EE1366
    If it was not for there everything plan I would have switched carriers because of no MMS.

Cant beat $100 for everything though!
    Blackberry 9630, FTW and Palm Treo's!

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz88 View Post
    If it was not for there everything plan I would have switched carriers because of no MMS.

lol. hats true....

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    Quote Originally Posted by dantek View Post
    I'm a bit confused with Sprint's picture mail. I used to have an 8320 from TMO and MMS as we all know, was provided. Now that I am with Sprint, and if I use the (phone#@carrier.com) to send a picture message to, they receive it as a SMS text with embedded hyperlink.

However, if the person I am sending this picture to does NOT have a data plan, won't they be charged to pickup any pictures I send to them from their carrier?

And if I have this all wrong, someone please explain..
    yes u have it right if the person does not have a pix/ txt plan they will be charged 1st for the pic 2nd for data if they look at a pic sent from a sprint phone due to sprint having to go through the web with the mms aspeck of blackberry.. so the answer is yea they will be charged.. and it kinda sux but hey, they should get a data plan.. u know??

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

BillsHoe no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz88 View Post

TONY I STILL CANT SEND PICTURE TEXTS ON SPRINT