im having problems with my 8350i sending and receiving txt messages. I'm running os 4.6.1.83 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rdiamanti no está en línea Stack level 1

sprint 8350i not receiving txt's

Advertisement

im having problems with my 8350i sending and receiving txt messages. I'm running os 4.6.1.83 on sprints network. now i know more than likely the network is a big part of the problem but.... when i try to send and or receive txts bb-bb it receive them hours later and they receive them hours later. i dont know what the problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Rich

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    You can try this

BB 8350i Fix,*,*

If the phone has problems with text messaging. Or if it has the “bug report” program on the phone.,*

First go to Blackberry screen on the phone.*

Press the Blackberry menu button,* If at the top of the menu it says “bug report” the phone needs to be updated.*

“Bug report” is a program that is not suppose to be on the phone.*

Inform customer that they need to up date the phone.* There is no fix besides the update so don’t waste your time,* check to see if the “bug report” is on the phone first.*,*

The fix:,*
    Step one:* The customer first needs to download the Blackberry desktop manager disc to the computer. They need to make sure that the phone is backed up to the computer.,*

Step two:* Go to google.com and type this in exactly** Site:blackberry.com Nextel download* Have them select the 8350i, which is first in second section of dropdown.* Then click download, fill out information, click next, then download I recommend to save to desktop just in case.* This download takes a while about 15-30 minutes.*,*

Step Three: Run software after it finishes downloading.* Then open desktop manager, go to application loader, select add remove.* Then it will populate, when it finishes populating go to settings, and check the first two boxes (one for back up and restore during process, and other to delete app data).* Then click ok, next, and then finish let it run through.,*

~via BB

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    You can try this

BB 8350i Fix,*,*

If the phone has problems with text messaging. Or if it has the “bug report” program on the phone.,*

First go to Blackberry screen on the phone.*

Press the Blackberry menu button,* If at the top of the menu it says “bug report” the phone needs to be updated.*

“Bug report” is a program that is not suppose to be on the phone.*

Inform customer that they need to up date the phone.* There is no fix besides the update so don’t waste your time,* check to see if the “bug report” is on the phone first.*,*

The fix:,*
    Step one:* The customer first needs to download the Blackberry desktop manager disc to the computer. They need to make sure that the phone is backed up to the computer.,*

Step two:* Go to google.com and type this in exactly** Site:blackberry.com Nextel download* Have them select the 8350i, which is first in second section of dropdown.* Then click download, fill out information, click next, then download I recommend to save to desktop just in case.* This download takes a while about 15-30 minutes.*,*

Step Three: Run software after it finishes downloading.* Then open desktop manager, go to application loader, select add remove.* Then it will populate, when it finishes populating go to settings, and check the first two boxes (one for back up and restore during process, and other to delete app data).* Then click ok, next, and then finish let it run through.,*

~via BB
    the os version that im downloading right now as i type this is the same os that i currently have on the phone...
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...DF9A0CA&step=4
    that is the download that im downloading now. is there a change to the os that keeps it the same but fixes the problem?

thanks for the help..

Pat...

by the way im posting this for rich. as i am neighbors with him and i am helping him fix his 2 bb's with the same problem. same phone. same os
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    ok i downloaded and installed the os and ran the app loader and did everything by the instructions but i still have "bug report" in the menu field. i dont know how to get this to go away and im still having the problem with the txt's. is there anything else i can do??

thanks
    Pat
    storm 9530

PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    Now ? Did u downlaod the program and then connect to the desktop manager and did the update

~via BB

PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    yep also it now will not recognize the phone! so now i cant reload his contacts or anything.
    storm 9530

PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    read this thread has the new os link

http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...74#post1040274

PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    read this thread has the new os link

http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...74#post1040274

well apparently the store now knows how to fix it and get rid of the bug report button. he took it back today and got it all fixed....after they gave him a new phone since they couldn't get his originaly phone to connect to their computers either. thanks for the help hayden!!!

Thanks again,

Pat and Rich
    storm 9530

PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    hum.. tat is the fix for it.. I wrk for sprint

~via BB

PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    hum.. tat is the fix for it.. I wrk for sprint

~via BB
    i wasnt saying it wasnt but im thinking that even tho i dont think i did im thinking maybe i did something wrong or something happened that didnt work out right. oh well the girl at the store apparently did it all right and got it to work fine. but yet before she didnt know what to do. oh well... anyways i kind of figured you worked for them because of the post you had typed up. thanks again for the info and i definately know who to see for any other "sprint" problems atleast.

thanks again,

Pat
    storm 9530