i have att now, but i am going to switch to Sprint for the unlimited ... BlackBerry Curve forum

thasiccest13 no está en línea Stack level 2

Sprint 8330 with MMS

Advertisement

i have att now, but i am going to switch to Sprint for the unlimited plan, i use mms a lot, i have heard that the 8330 WILL do mms..... i have also heard that the 8330 WILL NOT do mms ever.....
    Anyone know the final verdict?
    thank you,
    Eric

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have the 8330 on telus and the MMS feature is unavailable. Seems that the cdma carriers are still locking out this feature. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    They are only locking it on their pda phones. Sprint especially. They must be against picture mail. Maybe a bad expirience?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thasiccest13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    does this make sense to anyone? does it cost them more money? why would they do that?

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    no mms soory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    The Sprint Centro can do picture mail, and that is a PDA phone. Im not sure why Sprint does this, and Im pretty sure the 8330 wont have picture mail and the feature is not listed in the specs.

rhaz541 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240c4dec
    I have AT&T now with my Curve 8310 and just activated a line with Sprint with the "Unlimited Everything Plan" and while I've been waiting for the 8330 to come out I chose the 8130 (Pearl) until I can get what I want in the first 30 days. But the 8130 does A LOT more stuff then I can on my 8310, so I can NOT wait for the 8330 to come out & if in stores tomorrow like someone said that's GREAT I'm swapping mine out first thing! But yeah the 8130 does MMS better then my 8310 with AT&T I don't have the issue of gif's not active & sound either there or not. I just wanted to mention this to help maybe with some questions. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

alin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a241a4
    Quote Originally Posted by salbo View Post
    They are only locking it on their pda phones. Sprint especially. They must be against picture mail. Maybe a bad expirience?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Bummer!!! I hate not having this feature, I miss out on alot of MMS, cuz I hate having to click on a link, then another link just to view the message....and certainly hate only being able to fwd to one person at a time...not to mention I have to know the number its beingg fwd to...who knows numbers these days, everyone I know is in my BB addressbook, lol

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D
    Verizon will not lock out MMS. They only require a camera. If it has a cam, you can do txt/mms/pic/vid messaging.

CatFishDom no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sprint stated in a Conference call last week that MMS/Picturemail will be available to all Windows Mobile and BB summertime....

to add to the SAGA. Apparently here in Canada the 2 carriers with 8330 CDMA curve are Bell and Telus.

on another thread a bell user stated the USE of MMS and on my Telus no MMS. HMMM! what gives. When are all the carriers going to be on the same page!? A little annoying!

regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

Okay so the poster that said that bell had MMS was mistaken. It is still that all CDMA phones are without MMS. Here's to hoping that summer will bring change. Later chad. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFishDom View Post
    Sprint stated in a Conference call last week that MMS/Picturemail will be available to all Windows Mobile and BB summertime....
    Woah! Where did you hear about that? Post up a link I think if sprint does enable mms on the pda's its not gonna be all that convenient. But still better than a stupid link in a text message

codybb no está en línea Stack level 1
    it wont take to long to read through. it talks about WM and BB's.

link is here... http://www.buzzaboutwireless.com/cms...chat&chatid=12

bkw13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by thechadj View Post
    Okay so the poster that said that bell had MMS was mistaken. It is still that all CDMA phones are without MMS. Here's to hoping that summer will bring change. Later chad. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

this is very untrue, it has nothing to do with being cdma. Verizon is the largesy CDMA carrier in the U.S, and they offer mms on all of their devices that have a camera. The Curve for them will have mms.