Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The last I read, it could come out by the end of this month or ... BlackBerry Curve forum

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

The last I read, it could come out by the end of this month or early next month. Sprint is usually one of the last to release an updated OS due to their extensive testing. As long as they get it right. I have a Beta OS on mine and that will keep me happy until I get the Sprint official release. Still have to upgrade my wifes 8330.

owenyork no está en línea Stack level 2
    If that is the case, I may just wait. 4.3 is pretty cool so far, but would love HTML emails and doc editors. I can last a week or so.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    please let me know if you guys hear anything more about the sprint OS being released.

VERY much looking forward to it.
    thanks in advance
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The only time I've ever used a Sprint release was with my 8830 since they had data problems which were finally resolved with their 4.2.2.196 build. The platform version is different than the others. 4.5.0.xx fixed the problem as well. Use another vendors os. The Sprint theme will still be there. Just remove the vendor.xml in the c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader directory.

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I upgraded my 8330 to OS 4.5 the other night. No problems at all.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I have a question. How do I set wallpaper on my phone? I have never had an issue before, but now with OS 4.5 my only option is to set it as homepage, not desktop wallpaper? Any help????
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Go in to Media, then pictures. Locate the picture you would like, click the blackberry button, and then select "Set As Home Screen Image".

Quote Originally Posted by tavella81 View Post
    The only time I've ever used a Sprint release was with my 8830 since they had data problems which were finally resolved with their 4.2.2.196 build. The platform version is different than the others. 4.5.0.xx fixed the problem as well. Use another vendors os. The Sprint theme will still be there. Just remove the vendor.xml in the c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader directory.

I wasn't sure if you were talking to me but...
    I'm on 4.5 right now I think I got it from vodaphone out of fiji or something. I'm just anxious because of the (HOPING IT WAS TRUE) MMS capabilities of the Official OS from sprint.

I still can't do that and I REALLY wish I could.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by tavella81 View Post
    Go in to Media, then pictures. Locate the picture you would like, click the blackberry button, and then select "Set As Home Screen Image".
    Figured it out. I knew how to change it, but it just wouldn't change. Problem was that certain themes will not allow a change to the desktop image. Once I changed the theme, then I was able to make the change. Weird huh?
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

huh that is weird!
    glad you figured it out.

megabite no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ping
    Does Sprint TV and Music Store work after the 4.5 Upgrade??
    ___
    SFC. Megabite

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes they both work, at least with 4.5.0.51. I would assume they will work with all future OS releases.

Quote Originally Posted by megabite View Post
    Does Sprint TV and Music Store work after the 4.5 Upgrade??

me?

the icons still show up but I don't really use those functions (do you have to pay?).
    I could check for you but I still see them on the home screen so I would imagine that they do.
    I just never wanted to pay for it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 04Taco View Post
    Yes they both work, at least with 4.5.0.51. I would assume they will work with all future OS releases.
    agreed

rigo88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    35a500f3
    well if u have the data plan u have the basic tv and radio witch r ok i use it alot at work for radio

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast