I just got an 8330 and my keyboard is squishy/spongy feeling compared to my old ... BlackBerry Curve forum

J. Thompson no está en línea Stack level 3

Sprint 8330 keyboard squishy feeling

Advertisement

I just got an 8330 and my keyboard is squishy/spongy feeling compared to my old AT&T 8310. My 8310 has been used so much in the past few months that it takes a key press or two to delete messages and there is still a noticeable difference between the two.

Is this normal or has anybody else noticed the same thing? Not sure if I am being extremely anal, or just so used to the feel of the stiff, crisp feel of my 8310.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I'd have to say mine is rather crisp I would not say it's stiff by any stretch but not squishy either.

is it brand new? or a refurb?
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

J. Thompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    It was brand new.

Blade69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I bought mine new and I would have to say it feels just a crisp, if not better, than my Treo. Could be you're just used to your other phone. Go to the store and ask to see one of their phones and push the buttons and see how it feels. Sounds weird but then you'll know.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I too recently purchased an 8330 with sprint and I was a former 8320 user with Tmobile.

I have noticed that the keys are a less "crispy" ha!! The keys were harder on my 8320 than this 8330. And my 8330 is brand new! I have gotten used to it and its really no biggie to me. They still work well just not as stiff as clicky!

GirlyInRed no está en línea Stack level 2
    My co-workers 8330 keyboard has a diffrent feel from mines...mines have a softer touch, where as hers is much harder. (My BB is just a week older than hers).

Overall, I love how my keyboard feels.

curve bud no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm experiencing the same exact issue with my keyboard. Mine is very mushy and has little response and isn't crisp like the 8320 or 8310. After trying a few other ones at the store, I noticed that they were all made in Mexico and it appears that there may be a bad batch being shipped to the local stores around here. I tried a Verizon 8330 and was able to see that it was made in Canada -- world of a difference, the keys were crisp and the trackball was very solid.

Not sure where you're located, but I myself still have a few weeks left in my 30 day exchange period and am trying to find one with a good keyboard. I've heard from others that their 8330s made in Mexico have been great so I'm guessing it's just the recent batch of phones sent to where I live.

NewYorkChic no está en línea Stack level 2
    That is one thing that I dislike about my sprint 8330 I think my keys are extremely hard. I like the feel on the tmobile phone it is nice and soft

dan032681 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes, I got a new sprint 8330 and it always felt like my keyboard keys aren't has firm as they should be.
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

liltone08618 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i dunno i never knew there was a difference in the keyboard with the exception of the colors. may have to see the difference when i go to work a couple of people have different curves (vzw and att)

itsfun no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3044661E
    All of the NEW 8330s for sprint are like that the keys have a squishy sound to them but using the phone it will sound more crisk and have a more solid feel to it

-SPRINT REP
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)a~