Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

ok...... i saw two people at the in freehold new jersey today with the blackberry ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

ok...... i saw two people at the in freehold new jersey today with the blackberry 8330. from sprint. so not to look like an idiot i took my blackberry out and walked over they were like mid 20s bf gf im thinking. and i just asked them where did you get the curve from i thought they werent released yet. so the guy told me his friend that works at sprint got them for them. so he told me the place. and the guys name. so i left the mall shoot over there. ask for the guy. "noone works here by that name". "were not getting that phone in untill next week" im pretty aggravated. i thought maybe i was dreaming. i went back to the mall with a vindetta to find these people again. no where to be found. lol. im like fumming. is there something i/we dont know. they looked like you average people. not enthusiasts. he didnt seem like he was knowledgeable about bbs. so i spent my day on a hunt noones got em. same stories. not a good day.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanSE79 View Post
    And someone wrote before that the exclusive deal cant be real because Alltel is getting the 8330 in a week or so. It does not apply to Alltel as they are not national, and dont compete with VZW or Sprint in their major markets.
    hate to be the one to point the finger and tell you to check your facts, but, Alltel is national, they're a rural carrier, and own more towers than either sprint or verizon, and are how verizon gets their coast to coast network through most of the US. Verizon's a Metro carrier, and deals with major cities, Sprint's an abomination and runs in mid-size metro areas and some rural areas.

anyway, not trying to pick a fight or derail the topic, just pointing out that Alltel is infact national.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    they dont have service available in nyc.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    just got off the phone with a sales rep from sprint and he said mid june, along with some samsung phone i have no idea what he was talking about then he tried talking to me about getting a pearl or an 8830 i just hadda hang up because he would not get that i only wanted the curve after 4 times of telling him so. but anyway, this is crazy... lol.

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If I get alltel will it work on sprint? Is alltel cdma?

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    No, Sprint has an ESN database and will not allow any non Sprint phone on their network.

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    Why I thought they allow any CDMA phone to work on there network now.

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tavella81 View Post
    No, Sprint has an ESN database and will not allow any non Sprint phone on their network.
    Are you serious?? Now that is crazy!!

XIAND no está en línea Stack level 1
    Have you guys seen the new Sprint commercials featuring its new CEO Dan Hesse? The end of the commercial includes an email address dan@sprint.com. Why not flood it with as many emails as we can demanding news on the curve? I know its sounds severe but, i've been waiting for the g-d*** thing for 6 months and we get nothing from sprint. No solid date, no official reason for the delay, nothing!! Enough!!! Sprint Curve Cravers Unite!!!!

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    they dont have service available in nyc.
    Thats exactly what i was going to say. Alltel = regional, not national.

Also, it looks like my contact was correct. Verizon has the exclusive until around June.

I know Chris said it was supposed to be out, but its looking more and more true now. Sprint will have to wait about 6 weeks or so. Its not to bad. Maybe they will work a way out to bring it out sooner.

Also VZW will let you order it now.

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D
    Quote Originally Posted by XIAND View Post
    Have you guys seen the new Sprint commercials featuring its new CEO Dan Hesse? The end of the commercial includes an email address dan@sprint.com. Why not flood it with as many emails as we can demanding news on the curve? I know its sounds severe but, i've been waiting for the g-d*** thing for 6 months and we get nothing from sprint. No solid date, no official reason for the delay, nothing!! Enough!!! Sprint Curve Cravers Unite!!!!
    This will do you no good, in fact, it will cause Sprint to filter out even more mail.

If there is an exclusivity, which from the looks of it there is with VZW, he can not do anything to get around that.

You waited 6 months, whats another month?

883l no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanSE79 View Post
    This will do you no good, in fact, it will cause Sprint to filter out even more mail.

If there is an exclusivity, which from the looks of it there is with VZW, he can not do anything to get around that.

You waited 6 months, whats another month?
    Actually it worked well for me. I e-mailed Dan@sprint.com and got a response saying the 8330 is to release 5/7/08.

Hope that helps.

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    Now the word is it will be availiable on May 9th(brightpoint). Did see a sprint flyer in the chcago times that had the curve advertised for mothers day

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~we'll see!!! I wouldn't be surprised either way. not first time I've had my chain rattled.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Ill be attentind the "Club 8330" party here in a few days and I will demand an answer! lol It is basically the 8330 launch party for Sprint. Remember I won a pearl last launch party, I crossing my fingers.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast