Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

^^ so true....... BlackBerry Curve forum

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Advertisement

^^ so true....
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

ajdamac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c6d491
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This sounds like the 4.5 OS haha.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    again SO TRUE!
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by grymtyrant@msn. View Post
    I've heard so many different dates its driving me nuts. Sprint reps can't seem to get all on the same page. I don't know what to believe anymore
    ----------
    FYI:
    For those of you on Sprint who may not be aware, Sprint is in BIG trouble. I'm surprised their still in business. I would highly encourage you to do some research.

If it were me, I'd be moving to either T-Mobile or AT&T, the two true GSM carriers in the U.S.

Here is just one of a hundred reasons I'd dump Sprint as fast as I could:

Verizon Wireless has filed suit against Sprint Nextel recently, claiming unpaid interconnection fees in the amount of $10 million. By U.S. law, interconnection fees are subject to a 2 year statute of limitations, and Verizon is seeking to collect payment before this time expires.Verizon states that it has requested payment repeatedly, with no response from Sprint Nextel. Sprint Nextel representatives say that they are hopeful the matter can be resolved without any further legal action.

Source:
    http://www.mobileburn.com/chtml/news.jsp?Id=4473

via: BlackBerry 8310

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    ----------
    FYI:
    For those of you on Sprint who may not be aware, Sprint is in BIG trouble. I'm surprised their still in business. I would highly encourage you to do some research.

If it were me, I'd be moving to either T-Mobile or AT&T, the two true GSM carriers in the U.S.

Here is just one of a hundred reasons I'd dump Sprint as fast as I could:

Verizon Wireless has filed suit against Sprint Nextel recently, claiming unpaid interconnection fees in the amount of $10 million. By U.S. law, interconnection fees are subject to a 2 year statute of limitations, and Verizon is seeking to collect payment before this time expires.Verizon states that it has requested payment repeatedly, with no response from Sprint Nextel. Sprint Nextel representatives say that they are hopeful the matter can be resolved without any further legal action.

Source:
    http://www.mobileburn.com/chtml/news.jsp?Id=4473

via: BlackBerry 8310
    Sprint will not go out of business because of a lawsuit worth only 10 million dollars. They have well over 40 million users. Each of those users are paying monthly fee's. Yes, they have been loosing quite a lot of money the last few quarters, but they wont go away anytime soon.

Please dont change the topic of conversation as well.

And someone wrote before that the exclusive deal cant be real because Alltel is getting the 8330 in a week or so. It does not apply to Alltel as they are not national, and dont compete with VZW or Sprint in their major markets.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanSE79 View Post
    They have well over 40 million users. Yes, they have been loosing quite a lot of money the last few quarters, but they wont go away anytime soon.

Please dont change the topic of conversation as well.
    --------------
    Please don't take it so personally...

I was simply commenting on the topic of this thread which is the release of the latest BB on Sprint.

There are a few prior posts here that were suggesting the delay was due to RIM which simply isn't the case.

As one of the weakest carriers in the US, RIM is helping them out. Nothing garners more attention than the latest BB. Therefore a move like this will either help Sprint survive or it won't.

I would like to see Sprint prosper & grow, as the more competition the better. However anyone who follows this industry knows about Sprints troubles, the continuing exodus of customers, & all of the challenges which they may or may not overcome. It's no secret.

aleano75 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    it makes me feel better about my addiction to see more people feenin for the curve like I am...people around me think im crazy! *crosses fingers* that it will be soon...

KarlJ no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask 4 it
    As the saying goes, "sooner or later... but probably sooner than later..."

PIN/ID
    304CDF5D
    --------------

I was simply commenting on the topic of this thread which is the release of the latest BB on Sprint.

There are a few prior posts here that were suggesting the delay was due to RIM which simply isn't the case.

As one of the weakest carriers in the US, RIM is helping them out. Nothing garners more attention than the latest BB. Therefore a move like this will either help Sprint survive or it won't.

I would like to see Sprint prosper & grow, as the more competition the better. However anyone who follows this industry knows about Sprints troubles, the continuing exodus of customers, & all of the challenges which they may or may not overcome. It's no secret.

Nothing was taken personally. You changed the topic, this is not about Sprints financials. This is about the release of a phone for their network. Lets keep it there then okay

RIM is also carrier neutral. Some carriers get devices early, yes, but its not because RIM favors them in any way. Its because they paid for an exclusive, or have been excellent partners with RIM. ATT also has the most GSM customers in the US, and since RIM releases their devices on GSM first, they release them for the largest carrier. Just makes sense

PIN/ID
    304CDF5D
    --------------

Nothing was taken personally. You changed the topic, this is not about Sprints financial. This is about the release of a phone for their network. Lets keep it there then okay

RIM is also carrier neutral. Some carriers get devices early, yes, but its not because RIM favors them in any way. Its because they paid for an exclusive, or have been excellent partners with RIM. ATT also has the most GSM customers in the US, and since RIM releases their devices on GSM first, they release them for the largest carrier. Just makes sense

thundrbird1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanSE79 View Post
    Nothing was taken personally. You changed the topic, this is not about Sprints financial. This is about the release of a phone for their network. Lets keep it there then okay

Every carrier has it's own issues, who cares, as long as I can make a call and check mail. I, just like everyone else, want the Curve and want it YESTERDAY

PIN/ID
    304CDF5D
    Quote Originally Posted by thundrbird1 View Post
    Every carrier has it's own issues, who cares, as long as I can make a call and check mail. I, just like everyone else, want the Curve and want it YESTERDAY
    Exactly, hence the point of this topic. Its about Sprints Curve

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    FWIW, my local sprint store manager just called me with some info (but not really news, so don't get excited).

He attended a joint RIM/Sprint launch conf call yesterday and the Curve 8330 was discussed. The RIM rep acknowledged there had been a software problem delaying the launch but that had now been resolved. It was now up to Sprint to finish testing the software update which meant the launch could be as early as first week in May and as late as beginning of June. No firm date has been committed by Sprint yet.

Based on all the posts/forums I've read, perhaps the rumor that calls went directly to voicemail when SprintTV was active was true. That would explain why this appears to be a Sprint-only problem and didn't affect the AllTell or Bell launch. Since it's probably been a dynamic environment when they were working on the fix and everyone in RIM/Sprint wanted to know when it would be released, we've seen all the dates from early May to June. Basically people are just guessing on a date range. Remember also that a Red Curve was supposed to come out June 1, so that may also have contributed to the range of dates.

Like I said, info, not news. If nothing else, we're back on topic.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ive called several best buy stores and all of them told me the same thing. shipment this sunday. available this monday. i also called one of the largest sprint stores in the U.S. in nyc and asked to speak to a manager. who also told me that availability as far as he knows will be monday. i understand everything and everyone on here is getting reports. but i called 5 places today one being the biggest sprint store in nyc. and all said the same thing. the manager from the sprint store also told me they have advertisment signs sitting in the back waiting for corporate to give the ok to hang. can anyone directly involved with sprint confirm this? also heard a rumor... and this is just a rumor that there is going to be a firmware update on this device sometimes in july to upgrade it to a rev a. (total rumor from a source who is ehhh) is this even possible?
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

codybb no está en línea Stack level 1
    na, we wont see any rav a. dont have the rev a type chip. rev a is over rated unless you are using the PAM.

thanks for the info though.

and in case you didn't know... i held one yesterdy. see some crappy pics and details. http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=161993

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast