Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just switched from a ATT 8310 to a Sprint 8330. My battery with the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bailmon no está en línea Stack level 1

Sprint 8330 battery life

Advertisement

I just switched from a ATT 8310 to a Sprint 8330. My battery with the 8310 lasted a good 3-4 days, the 8330 maybe lasts a day. since th switch I find myself using the office phone instead of the 8830 due to battery life. Hell my Nextel battery lasted longer.

Anybody else have this issue.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sounds like a bad battery or poor reception where you work. If neither are the case, then get one of these

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...&Category=1369

So if the reception is poor then the phone will have to work harder and use more battery to get service? It service indicator says between 1XEV and 1X.

Yes. I am going through this right now with my 8120. It's bouncing back and forth between EDGE and WIFI. I have it connected to my PC to combat the battery drain its gonna cause.

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have also found that the battery on my 8330 has less life than some of my past Blackberries. Prior to the 8330 I had an 8830 which lasted longer. One of the reasons this battery doesn't last as long is because it is smaller in terms of mah...As mentioned in the prior post, going with a larger batterry from Seidio will solve your problem.

Yup. I had that issue with my previous Pearls (all 3 of them). I couldn't get half a day's worth of use out of the stock battery from my 8100s. Had to get extended batteries for them to make it through the day. This BB, even with the stock battery, lasts all day with one, maybe 2 charges per day.

zeks no está en línea Stack level 2
    Some of you must be really, and I mean really heavy users. In the morning I disconnect my phone from the charger at around 9am, I txt alot, received emails all day/reply back and forth, make calls, look up sports news or just browse the web. I plugged in my curve 10 minutes (11:10pm) ago with at least 20% battery life.

Maybe because I'm a sprint tech, and think differently, but I just can't see my battery life lasting more than a 1.5 days without recharging let alone 3-4 days.

Searching for service does drain the battery pretty bad though. I just switched from the treo 755 to the curve, and the battery life is a lot better on the curve than the treo and my usage habits haven't changed a bit. Treo 755 battery was a 1600 mah, as oppose to my curve's 1100~1150 mah battery.

Well like I stated in the original post, I was using an 8310 on Sunday and 8830 on Monday. My habits did not change, with the 8310 3-4 days and the 8830 less then 1 if I talked a lot. I guess it really boils down to the different between GSM and CDMA?

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i got curve 8330 2 days ago and I use telenav once a day, run email and do txting, and the battery gets used quite a bit, on my old 8703e model the battery looked like it lasted just a bit longer, I already adjusted the brightness to 30% and made that it shuts of in 10 seconds, is there anÝthing else I can do to save some battery life? Looks like with this unit battery gets used a bit faster. Any suggestions?

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    So far I haven't seen a heavy battery drain, but then again I haven't been
    really been using fully. Playing around with it yes, but haven't really made
    many calls.

But by some chance would anybody know if I can use the battery
    from my 7100i BB? I just bought a new battery about a month
    or two ago. And I would like to use it as a back-up just in case.
    They look the same, but I not sure if they are and I don't
    want to screw up my curve.
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

jbairdjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    I also went from an 8830 to a 8330.
    I havent noticed any difference in the battey life, but I would generally plug mine in at the end of the day with 40 percent or so on the battery.
    And, lets face it, its a whole lot nicer Blackberry

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!
    I played with mine all day and than I noticed I was down to 40% but that included a whole lot of talking. Overall talk time way better than the 7100i.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i have the verizon 8330. with the standard battery im getting 12 hours till its down to 10%... my 8120 is much better, when i used it as my main phone i was getting 12 hours with 30% but when i put in the 2600 seidio battery into my 8330. i get 2 full days of use and i mean heavy use and still have 30-40% so my reccomendation if you dont mind a lilttle extra buld would be to check out seidio and get the extended battery. and enjoy...
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just got the 8330 for Sprint yesterday and haven't had the chance to compare since today will be my actuall first day using the 8330; still installing all programs on it. By the way I was using the 8830 and when I took the battery out it seems that it fits in the 8330 but didn't try it. I think I will try it in a little bit to see if I can still put the cover on the 8330 with the 8830 battery in it. I will just make sure there is no difference in the volts or so, don't want to burn up the new Crackberry 8330.

Quote Originally Posted by BklynEddie View Post
    So far I haven't seen a heavy battery drain, but then again I haven't been
    really been using fully. Playing around with it yes, but haven't really made
    many calls.

But by some chance would anybody know if I can use the battery
    from my 7100i BB? I just bought a new battery about a month
    or two ago. And I would like to use it as a back-up just in case.
    They look the same, but I not sure if they are and I don't
    want to screw up my curve.
    To answer this question, if you bought this battery http://www.eaccess-estore.com/store/...g.asp?item=266

you can use it with both devices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast