Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weird thing happened last nite. I went to do a back up of my Sprint ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Lickitisplit no está en línea Stack level 1

Sprint 8330 4.5 upgrade

Advertisement

Weird thing happened last nite. I went to do a back up of my Sprint 8330 Curve(version 4.3) and the desktop manager said I had an update available. I did it and it came up with the 4.5 update. To be on the safe side I deleted the vendor file. Everything is up and running and no issues.

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    what i have learned and was corrected about 300 times.. if the 8330 download was a sprint download or the same carrier download the vendor does not need to be deleted.. but if it an outside carrier other then the one u r using then it would have to be deleted.
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    8330 is that the 1 for sprint.. i said sprint in the post but i meant carrier..
    if u are usig sprint can u tell me if the new os allows you to use your spring radio.. if its vzw then scratch the question thx...

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Wow. About 10 last night I sync'd my wife and my phone I checked for any updates and there wasn't any available. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It wasn't carrier specific that I saw thus the reason I deleted the vendor file. When it said I had an upgrade available thru the desktop manager I checked the blackberry.com and pulled the carrier(sprint) and it still showed the 4.3 os. Once the update popped up on the app loader I saw it said 4.5 and was supprised but deleted the vendor file just in case. It loaded/upgraded everything and was done in about 30 min. Didn't even have to register email or anything. I had my wife send me texts and emails and it all worked good.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey Smurf,

I can access Sprint Radio but its saying the folder is unavailable at this time. I was able to use it before on 4.3. Might just be the area I'm in. I was able to watch tv and music videos a few minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf2598 View Post
    8330 is that the 1 for sprint.. i said sprint in the post but i meant carrier..
    if u are usig sprint can u tell me if the new os allows you to use your spring radio.. if its vzw then scratch the question thx...

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    no its a fault in the os.. thats y i was asking my sprint tv works.. but no more sprint radio since i went to 4.5... thank you they said it was fixed.. so i tried the other 1.. lol nope that didnt work... but im happy with it tho.. cant complain wit 4.5.. just slightly slower sending of pic emails, and no radio... slightly delayed bbm symbol load. thats about all the phone works perfect.. no probs at all...

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    due to the fact that it is not carrier specific is what is causing the radio to not work.. sux tho...

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    i just went to download the OS from the sprint site and im still coming up with 4.3 OS

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    i just went to download the OS from the sprint site and im still coming up with 4.3 OS
    This is because the official Sprint 4.5 OS is not available yet. It is rumored to be released sometime by the end of this month to the middle of next month. We will just have to wait and see. Everyone here that has it has a beta version of the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    The same thing happened to me at first but when I opened my desktop manager it just came up with a prompt that said I had an update available. Weird!

movieguy00 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Did you happen to download a different carriers 4.5 OS and install it on your computer, so that when you opened desktop manager it told you you had an update available?

Or did you goto blackberry.com/upgrades and connect your 8330 and the blackberry site told you that you had an update to your OS?

I'm going with, at one point you downloaded and installed OS 4.5 from a different carrier and when you opened desktop manager it noticed that...

PIN/ID
    skdck
    ^^^^im going with that also.. Because i dont see it anywhere when i connect to DM..

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    ^^^^im going with that also.. Because i dont see it anywhere when i connect to DM..
    You would have to download it. DM is not device specific and would not know which OS it would need for your device.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    even when i plug my phone up and hit the little button which says check for updates??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast