I'm a new owner of a BB Curve 8330 and I'm ready to add my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Buddyc2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Speed Dialing on Curve 8330

Advertisement

I'm a new owner of a BB Curve 8330 and I'm ready to add my speed dialing numbers and am wondering how many speed dialing numbers can I program? Is it limited to 1 thru 9 or can I then begin to put in two-number speed dials? My previous cell phone for the past four years has been an LG flip phone and I had sixty five numbers programed with speed dial and was wondering what the limit was for the Curve 8330? Thanks in advance for your help!

Threekings no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you go to phone view, and then click on BB menu button there is an option for Speed dial numbers.
    It is listed from A -Z.
    So from that it seems there are 26.
    Cheers.

j_chicago no está en línea Stack level 1
    25, The #1 or "w" is programed for voicemail, unless it differs between carriers?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I think 1 or "w" is universal for Voice Mail

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    well, i dont even use speed dial. I just type in the beginning of the name of who i want to call, and the specific contacts are there. For example my homie chris, i just type c-h-r and my address book will be narrowed to all names beginning with that. After that, click ball and i have the options of calling. A little more work, but my whole phone book is accessable.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Using speed dial does not disable the address book. You get both. It is just really convenient, especially when you are driving.

Buddyc2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you much for the info! I had noticed the A thru Z but I thought I may have been missing something and there may be a way to program more than 26 (or 25 after voice mail).

It's amazing the cumulative knowledge on this site. I'm a newbie with the BB---in fact, this is the first smart phone I've ever had-----and you people have been wonderful in answering my questions and helping me. It seems like so much to learn but I'll keep plugging and then someday I may be able to offer my help to other newbies when they come on this site for advice.

Thanks again, guys (and gals).

bbpearldean no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A3C466
    You also can use "voice dialer"-works wonderfully picking up names.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Well actually, yeah vioce dialer actually works, even though i never use it. I just dont see the purpose of speed dial. These are supposed to be the most used numbers, right? Thats why you assign them, but if you push the talk button, im more than sure that number youre lookin for is on that short list even if you have to scroll down a little. And yeah youre right, its very convenient if youre driving, but you still have to look at the screen or KB to confirm who youre calling.