Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

As I am watching this mad craze to get the 8300, I feel left out ... BlackBerry Curve forum

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

speculate on 83series time line?

Advertisement

As I am watching this mad craze to get the 8300, I feel left out seeing I am a t-mo customer with no expected release date and so I have had way too much time to think (when I should be fighting off other crazed customers and cutting a side deal with a rep to make sure I get from the limited amount in stock).

So what I've been thinking about is BB release timeline in the US.. it just doesn't make sense. I read that ATT has a 90 day exclusive deal to the Curve/8300, now does that mean t-mo would not be able to release the 8320 before the 90 days are up (since the 8320 is still the Curve)? If so, then does that mean we can not expect it to come out no sooner than Sept. 1st?? If so, when can the 8330 be expected to come out and under who? If it comes out any later in the year won't the 8120 overlap with it?? I have never seen ATT/Cing/Tmo flood the market with BB models so I don't see why they would start now.. it would only cut sales from each individual model by not spacing it out.

Anyone wanna try to make sense of all this? Don't worry if you don't have "a source", "a hookup", or "an insider", just would like to hear some other thoughts/opinions on all this mess.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: speculate on 83series time line?

I hope it's not a 90 day exclusive. I thought TMO would have it before ATT, but apparently, ATT is in bed with RIM...

I want an 8300, but I think I'll pick one up for the wifey...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by BGR
    AT&T will launch the full-featured and much anticipated BlackBerry Curve on May 31 in all distribution channels. The BlackBerry Curve is exclusive to AT&T for at least 90 days after launch and is the smallest, lightest full QWERTY BlackBerry yet offered. It combines a compact design with many new features and broad international coverage.
    We can hope BGR is wrong, but I have a sinking feeling he isn't. AT&T has a chokehold on the GSM phone game in the US. They have the $$ and the userbase to get these exclusive agreements.

btw, I wish I were your woman right now..

umm..

in a completely heterosexual way, man.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

My Major Account Exec from TMO told me it would be Sept. on the 8300 so maybe BGR is right.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Cingular had a 90 day exclusive on the 8700, TMO had one on the Pearl, I don't think anyone did for the 8800 and now cingular for the Curve

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

~via My Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Yea I know how you feel man.. it sucks that Cingular is getting all the new releases first before tmobile.. we got the pearl but I wasn't interested in it because it was a sure type. I'm just hoping T-Mobile gets it sooner than 90 days.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Cingular had a 90 day exclusive on the 8700, TMO had one on the Pearl, I don't think anyone did for the 8800 and now cingular for the Curve

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

~via My Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I hope your wrong on the curve hahah.. but if your right then my 8700 still has 90 days left with me

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Hopefully the 8320 won't be classified as a "Curve" since it is (supposedly) set to have Wi-Fi added to it.

Zo - Crossing fingers and looking forward to UMA.

marcmayne no está en línea Stack level 1

what about Sprint? no one cares about Sprint? whos feeling sorry for the Sprint BB customers? We dont even have the Pearl lol

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by Crewdawg257
    My Major Account Exec from TMO told me it would be Sept. on the 8300 so maybe BGR is right.
    *sigh*

guess I am getting an unlocked one.

sept is way too far away for me.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    *sigh*

guess I am getting an unlocked one.

sept is way too far away for me.
    (exhale) I hear that. I got a one month old Tom Tom one and a pearl to trade for a Curve?

PIN/ID
    spam=no

I've never delt with AT&T. Seeing I am going to be buying it at full retail price, can I call them up and receive the unlock code for free? It would only make sense seeing I purchased the phone without any discount. It'll be my freakin phone!

sorry.. I can feel an impending 'no' coming on and I am getting angry.

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Its such tear at my heart =/. Tmo has such good customer service so I really want to stay with them, but is seriously slacking when it comes to keeping up with new blackberries.

Is it possible to get a cingy or ATT curve and unlock it for use on tmobile?

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by kpishdadi
    Its such tear at my heart =/. Tmo has such good customer service so I really want to stay with them, but is seriously slacking when it comes to keeping up with new blackberries.

Is it possible to get a cingy or ATT curve and unlock it for use on tmobile?
    yes, very possible. I just am hoping that ATT is willing to unlock it for free with full retail price purchase. if not, I'll have to buy the unlock code online and that can range from $30 to $100.

VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2

i was thinking the same thing~ to get on unlocked and use it for tmo~it would really suck though if the 83xx were to come out with WiFi for tmo...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast