I've done some searching/reading in the forums, but have not seen a clear answer. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

stevevader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F0917D

Question Specific question relating to screen replacement

Advertisement

I've done some searching/reading in the forums, but have not seen a clear answer. I should be getting a replacement lens (just the outside lens not the lcd) for my daughter's 8300 any day now. I'm trying to determine if I need to go as far as a full disassemble to replace or will only removing the trackball allow me to peel off the old lens. Also, I ordered the protector from cnn.cn and could anyone who has ordered one let me know if it comes with the adhesive.

Thanks in advance guys and gals!
    Steve

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    check out this thread:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._repair-2.html

there are written instructions and actually a video posted on youtube on disassembling

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Its actually pretty easy. You just need some adhesive to put back on there if you pull of the original one. I had to replace the one off my old curve. Replaced it off of a dummy curve. Didnt notice a difference one bit. Just pops right off and pops back in

botexas no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~there is a video on YouTube"How to disassemble BB curve". I disassemble my curve completely and put it back together from the information on this video.I had no problem. I took my time and observed closely. You can void your warranty by disassembling your curve.

stevevader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F0917D
    I got the replacement screen on Monday....exactly one week since ordering from cnn.cn. It came with a new 3M adhesive that was cut from a perfect template. Since I was only replacing the outside lens, I did not have to disassemble the 8300. I carefully pried the cracked screen, cleaned off the residual adhesive with rubbing alcohol, went ahead and took care of the dust under the screen, gave it one last blast with canned air, and everything just popped right back in. 5 to 10 minutes on my first (and hopefully last) attempt at this.
    Steve

Mizzou no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E22C7E
    Do you know where I can get the little nutplates that the T5 screws go into at the top on the back? I purchased a complete red setup but I can't screw in the T5s because of the lack of nutplates. I tried to pull them out of the titanium faceplate I wanted to replace but didn't want to break it and be without a phone incase I couldn't get both out or both in the new setup.

Kevin

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Also, I hear that you can use a blow dryer to remove the screen from the housing. You will have to be very careful though and set the blow dryer on low. Blow drying it will make the screen a little easier to yank off since you are "melting" the adhesive temporarily.

solidx no está en línea Stack level 1
    what should i do if i just so happen to strip one of the screws.... haha

Mizzou no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E22C7E
    guess I will have to just buy a the entire Crimson set up off cnn