Specific BB Curve 8320 You TUBE/Video/Converter questions Hello all. I just bought a blackberry curve ... BlackBerry Curve forum

venkman no está en línea Stack level 1

Specific BB Curve 8320 You TUBE/Video/Converter questions

Advertisement

Specific BB Curve 8320 You TUBE/Video/Converter questions
    Hello all. I just bought a blackberry curve 8320. Why do so many threads here call the curve the 8300? Mine is a 8320. ...It seems as if many people on this site talk about 8300's or 8800's and it seems to create a bit of confusion for me regarding what to do for the use of converters, movytv, and you tube access. I have some specific questions which I will list numerically for ease. Please advise and respond to each question. THANKS ALL!!!!

1- I would LOVE to access you tube. It seems as if us curve/blackberry users cannot. I read that other thread here to copy and paste a you tube "something" into a web site called 3gptogo.com. This site is NOT working. Are there ANY ways to access you tube videos. I would prefer to stream like the i fone...but if I can "mickey mouse" the process and d load or something else PLEASE explain.

2- I read another thread here that describes how you can watch CNN videos and some other bb video websites. NONE of them work on my phone. If I go to cnn from my curve and try to watch a video it then when I try to click DOWNLOAD VIDEO it says exactly.."Http error 502 bad gateway...the gateway received an invalid response from the server when attempting to fullfill your request...etc etc. This occurs from all of the listed BB friendly video websites. Is there any way to watch videos. Sometimes I wish I had the i fone.

3- Also what is the movytv thing? I downloaded it...it connects on my curve at 100 percent and then nothing happens. I also get a java warning before I go to the web site...what is all this junk? Can I use movytv or not? LOL help!!What must I continue to do to use this? Does this work with the 8320 Curve? Will this allow me to use YOU tube?

4- I want to transfer some movies to my 2 gig memory card. I need to convert them to shrink them and fit more on my phone ... correct? I have succesfully converted some with SUPER C..but once I put them on my phone there is only sound and no picture or the phone just restarts. HELP!!

I really wish all of this would be an easier process for those of us that aren't perfectly computer savy and that don't wish to spend 20 hours LEARNING how to do all of this. If anyone can help, explain, simplify those 4 questions it would be GREATLY appreciated.

venkman no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Specific BB Curve 8320 You TUBE/Video/Converter questions

Why hasn't ANYOBODY answered here? Please help me

mocmylov no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ab2f41

Re: Specific BB Curve 8320 You TUBE/Video/Converter questions

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I use a program called freeflvconverter. It only works with youtube and 1 other video site. I would post a link but I am still at work. You can try and google it though, I'm sure it will show up

edit: found it! here it is: Free FLV Converter
    Last edited by mocmylov; 11-28-2007 at 08:49 PM.

dionigi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    247b941b
    i think when most people write 8300 it'd be more accurate for them to write 83** or 8300-series, they just mean "Curve" in general but they're using the base model of the series to identify it... sort of like saying "coke" when talking about a cola softdrink

1. youtube videos only work for curves running OS 4.5, i believe the 8320 comes with 4.2.2 (check your OS by holding Alt+Shift+H) but there are upgrades available:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._2008_a-92071/

i just upgraded my 8310 to 4.5 with no issues, and i'd never really done anything like it before. BUT, if you're not up for that just yet, i have had success in the past with http://www.tinytube.net/ . i don't know that it gives you access to ALL of youtube, but it has a surprisingly wide selection of reformatted videos from a few different streaming sites. it worked best for me to download the videos from the site before playing them on the phone rather than trying to stream them, but that could be different with your phone/service.

2. i can't say for sure, but it's likely that the m.cnn.com videos are similar to the youtube ones in that your phone will require OS 4.5 to handle them.

the rest of your questions i really don't know enough about at the moment to really be of any help, but i'll get back should i learn anything...

dionigi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    247b941b
    lol here i am digging up dead posts, trying to be helpful... the 11/28 threw me... :facepalm:

kaegk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31239D55

Still in the dark

So if i understand this corectly you can't watch videos form the youtube website?

I have the BB 8350i and I ran into the same problem. the screen flikers and the device tries to buffer the video....

I am very confused. I am suprised there isnt a 3rd party download that esentially is a special player that will download and play the content.

winans no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

winans no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the 8350i I'm having the same problem. I either can't play
    Any video, or it trys to buffer, but is broken
    Up so bad you can't see it. If anyones got any answers,
    I'd really appreciate it! Tattooed@live.com
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~