Greetings everyone! Quick questions/concerns... I often use speakerphone when on my BB. I HATE having ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HanHookie no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb Speakerphone Shortcut on 8300?

Advertisement

Greetings everyone!

Quick questions/concerns...

I often use speakerphone when on my BB. I HATE having to click the trackball, and scroll down to choose 'activate speakerphone'. There HAS to be a shortcut for this...how about even setting it up as a convenience key command or something. I've tried, but to no avail. Maybe someone can help?

Oh also while I'm at it....is there a way to disable, or straight up edit the camera sound whenever you take a pic? I HATE the audible "click" when taking a pic. Were not dumb, we dont need the sound to remind us of what were doing. I imagine that the sound effect is somewhere on the phone or my computer...i'd like to edit that mother and made it silent. Or just disable it...any help with either issue is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

shakuyi no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2425A121

Re: Speakerphone Shortcut on 8300?

yes check your options in the program u want to edit the sound in and change your options under advanced settings in phone profiles.....to activate speakerphone push the button on the keypad that shows the lil speaker where the $ key is

Ahhhh! Thanks guys! Guess I spoke too soon about not being dumb in my initial post. lol. Anyway, whew, got the speakerphone toggling down now. Thanks for that info. As far as the camera sound......

Shakuyi: Where do you mean? I'm looking in the phone profiles (i'm using normal), but when going into advanced options, I see no option to edit the camera sound....theyre all the same for every phone profile (browser, calendar, level1 messages, etc.)

Thanks in advance folks.

shakuyi no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2425A121

yea sorry i remember on the pearl you could disable camera shutter but not on the curve i just checked mine sorry

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

there is a work around to disabling the camera sound, but really kinda troublesome to do on everyone you would need to do it each time you take a photo...there is a thread by jllama

open camera, switch to home screen with app switcher and simply call voicemail and turn volume all the way down, now switch back to camera and take a pic...sound gone...

man...sucks you cant disable the camera sound. But thanks Cherri for the work-around! I can take a silent stalker pic if I need to now...lol. Thanks again.

poppingseed no está en línea Stack level 1

could you find the sound file on the phone, and replace it with dead noise? or even just get rid of it?